Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok before anyone asks i did a search for this before i posted and didnt get the answer im looking for so here goes.....

driving on the freeway and all the sudden my engine starts sputtering, no noises (other than engine sputter) and my throttle response was crap. So when i got home, i checked the plugs and sure enough they were all toast so i replaced those and the problem quit for about 150 miles then it started again. but this time it would stall when i came to a stop. When i slam the gas it seems like it hits a wall at like 3-4k rpm.

I re-checked the plugs, wires, distributor etc. cuz i thought i wasnt getting a good spark but still does it. Other people have posted that it may be a fuel pump or filter. Please help
THX

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think it might be the fuel pump. My car was doing that same thing, after it warmed up it just stop at 4k rpm's and it did that for about 3 months before my car would cut out around turns. and when I was checking fuel pressure, my fuel pressure would just drop at 4k.

Check your fuel pressure when you are out driving it because mine wouldn't show a fuel pressure drop unless I had the vehicle under heavy load(wot in gear).

Good Luck

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What fuel pressure should a working pump be putting out??

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
even if we told you. there is no place to hook up a fuel pressure guage. and you would need to check it at the point where it bogs. so 3-4k under load

1 - 4 of 4 Posts