Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, having a problem with installing superchip, now car won\'t start!!!

I tried to install my superchip in my ZX3. I disconntected the battery, pulled the computer out, cleaned the connector, reinstalled and nothing. I took it out (superchip) and still nothing. There is a clicking sound coming from the interior fuses pannel and one on the white boxes up top is making a clicking sound. Any idea what is going on?

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Re: Help, having a problem with installing superchip, now car won\'t start!!!

Try cleaning off your battery posts and then re-installing the battery terminals.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'll give that a shot, but are those little white boxes in the interior fuse pannel, above the regular fuses, fuses also. It just makes this clicking sound from inside where the pannel is, and when I touch the second white box, I can fell the vibration from the clicking.

·
Registered
78 Posts

no dude mine did the same thing,you have to clean it super good,take the ecu all the way out,it only takes an 8 or 10 mm on the bottom of the wire harness,use a scotch pad and some rubbing alcohol and srub the **** out of that lil terminal,they put silicone on the terminal to keep it from corroding and if theres one little spec left it wont work,put it on then let me know how you like going 145mph

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well the real problem is that the car won't start, with or without the superchip in the computer.

·
Registered
662 Posts

Did you say your car doesn't start after you took out the Superchip?

Sounds like maybe you tripped the security system, this has been known to happen. The only way to get it started again is for Ford to reset the security system. I don't know the exact details of why this happens or what the fix is, just that it has been an issue now and again.

·
Registered
786 Posts

If the clicking is fairly rapid, reseat and retighten both your battery cable connections.

I had the exact same issues yesterday when installing my HID's.

The center console LED was flashing until I treid to turn the car over, then went steady and the clicking sound started. I undid the battery for a few minutes, reconnected, and the clicking started on it's own, eventually stopped, then started again when I tried to start the car.

Reseated the battery cables again, car started.

[ 12-15-2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Discord ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

i had that happen, just pulled the diablo, cleaned some more til all pins changed color and i disconn'd the battery 4 a while, and w/the chip out, restarted the car. i cleaned some more, then started it w/the chip.

good luck,

-Ult

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I finally got it to work, I think you are right about the battery cables Discord. God, I had this, I am never going to get that damm chip in.

·
Registered
786 Posts

Good to hear that!

You don't need to disconnect the battery when installing a chip.

Just keep the keys OUT of the ignition when your pulling/reconnecting the ECU.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Turns out it was the battery itself. I guess this cold weather has jacked it up cause the next time I tried to start it, nothing. So I took the battery out, tested it, and it was bad. Had to spend $80 on a new one. Oh well if it isn't one thing, its another, I swear.

·
Registered
123 Posts

At least you didn't fry your 'puter. I've read that some did that. Another guy accidentally pushed in his fuel cut-off switch, heheheh.

·
Registered
109 Posts

I hate to be the bearer of bad news dude but the EXACT SAME THING happened to me with my diablo chip. I guess I over cleaned the contact leads, and somehow erased the PATS key code from the ECU, the bad part about it was that I had to get it shipped to Ford and they had to reburn the ECU, which was only about $125. But I had to get an entirely new ECU, clean the leads before I had it put in, then had the tech put it in without the black cap on it, I plugged it in and it wouldnt work at first but now it works fine (knock on wood). If you need any more help dude hit me up on here, ill let you know what I know.

Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts