Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes did the search all! and yes made sure the throtle plate was not touching the bore, adjusted it and it was fine for awhile and now its back to the old sticking crap again, when i stop at a light it seems like i have to really push the throtle hard and then it frees it and the rpms shoot up! every time istop at a light or in traffic it sticks, what to do know? please help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had that same problem a week ago. I had the TB on for 4 days, then took it off and I am now selling it, because nobody could help me. I tried everything, and nothing worked.

Good luck and if you find a fix, pm me with it. Thanx

·
Registered
727 Posts

seriously, all you need to do is adjust the idle screw. If you have any motor skills whatsoever this can be accomplished with about 15 mins of trial and error.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just ask Naz, he knows all there is to know about Focus Central, Let me see, there's
Focus Central Gumbo
BBQ Focus Central
Focus Central with Rice......

Milan

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had the problem for awhile, it's frustrating, but leave the car idling, adjust the screw, go step on the gas to see any stickage, and if it sticks, adjust it more. Start with the screw definitely holding the throttle open so you know that you need to loosen it, then loosen it 1/8 turn at a time. You should be able to get it back to it's original point.

On a side note, maybe FC should find a way to have that screw fixed in it's place. It's very easy to mess up the original positioning.

·
Registered
609 Posts
the idle screw isn't always the problem with a sticking idle. Mine actually wouldn't rest on the screw at the proper idle position. If I where to adjust the screw to meet the throttle plate, it would have idled at 2500 rpm's. I could feel physical resistance in the throttle. Easy enough to fix though. I just zapped it with some spray on lubricant (wd40 works, but where's off wuickly) and pumped the throttle linkage to work the lube through. now no sticking or resistance in the pedal. works fine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by bartlomiej:

seriously, all you need to do is adjust the idle screw. If you have any motor skills whatsoever this can be accomplished with about 15 mins of trial and error.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I took 2 years of Auto Mechanic's in High School, so, that is NOT the problem. I did 4 days worth of trial and error, and nothing I did worked. WD40, nada. Idle screw, nada. I even set the idle screw up so that I was idling at 3000 rpms and the pedal was still hard. I started at 3000 and slowly worked my way down, but to no avail. I almost think it is a problem with FC's part, not motor skills of a person, moron.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Originally posted by phatfocus:
I took 2 years of Auto Mechanic's in High School, so, that is NOT the problem.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Quote of the year!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Originally posted by PhocusZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by phatfocus:
I took 2 years of Auto Mechanic's in High School, so, that is NOT the problem.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Quote of the year!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's in the running as the quote of the year

Well damn fool, with that kind of training it must NOT be the problem!!

[ 03-24-2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: jRock ]

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
your best bet is to call Nader. tell him exactly what you've told us. He has been great with replacing parts for me... ya just need to call him

1 - 13 of 13 Posts