Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! i\'ve got scratches and dont know what to do!

well, im such a cool guy i dont know how to park in a garage properly thus resulting in some light scratches on the rear passenger side panel, right above the wheel well.

i am sad...

if there is any advice or products that anyone could reccommend to get rid of these scratches all together or make it look better without spending a grip of cash, i would be greatly appreciative.
thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: HELP! i\'ve got scratches and dont know what to do!

just as an update, here is a picture of the scratches...
http://www.changoland.com/****edscratch.jpg

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

You can try using Meguiars Scratch X or something called G-27(I think that is the name)which should help remove most or all of the scratches but it depends on how deep they are.You can buy that at your local auto parts store or even in the automobile section of Walmart.Those scratches that can't be removed you can use touch up paint.Just remember to rewax over the area when you are done.Some other jetters might have other products for you to try.Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts

My car had similar scratches due to some df doing a hit & run.

But I managed to wax and buff them scratches the best I could to the point it ain't THAT noticable...but only in certain angles it can.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

thank the people that tapped into the inventive infinite for Meguiars Scratch X. i just applied it to my focus and those scratches dissapeared to the point where my obsessive compulsive ass cant recognize em. thank goodness for an adhearance to the phrase "out of site, out of mind". this will definately do until i get the money to replace the panel.

thank you very much Virtual_Insanity for the info. now that ive used it, i highly suggest ANY of you out there that have scratches that need to get gone to use that stuff.

·
6,259 Posts

nVision,
I am glad that I could offer my assistance and happy that it worked as claimed

BTW,Meguiars has been in business for over 100 years so I know their product works great and use it on my car.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Thanks for the tip with the Scratch X. My wife took my brand new baby (F-150 Supercrew FX4) over to my moms house and her soon to be dead dog was walking around with a approx. 3 foot long tree branch shaking it around side to side and it scratched up my tailgate.
I'll try the Meguires Scratch x and let yall know the results.

·
Registered
968 Posts

nVision,
I am glad that I could offer my assistance and happy that it worked as claimed

BTW,Meguiars has been in business for over 100 years so I know their product works great and use it on my car.
Amen Insanity, I use NOTHING but Meguiars on my F150 Flareside and the GF's ZX3

·
Registered
582 Posts

...soon to be dead dog was walking around with a approx. 3 foot long tree branch shaking it around side to side and it scratched up my tailgate.
..soon to be dead

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts

just as an update, here is a picture of the scratches...
http://www.changoland.com/****edscratch.jpg
That has to be wetsanded out, possibly painted. It looks like it goes through to the metal by the fender edge. Feel it with your figernail, if it's not to the metal you may get by with some airbrushing and wetsanding. Good thing it's silver.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts

yeah, I had an f'n scratch that was deep, my dad and I spent most of the day wetsanding it and polishing it out, and it's gone man, you would never know it was there.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

I have light scratches on my left front fender. I accidently used a scratchy sponge to get some crap off the car, but I ended up scratching the paint. It's not deep. Do you recommend this Meguiers Scratch-X?

·
6,259 Posts

I have light scratches on my left front fender. I accidently used a scratchy sponge to get some crap off the car, but I ended up scratching the paint. It's not deep. Do you recommend this Meguiers Scratch-X?
I would recommend using Meguiar's Scratch X since it is not deep.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

I got some. It worked. I can barely tell the scratches are visible.

·
Registered
486 Posts

will this work well on a 2-3" horizontal scratch on my drivers side door? It seems to be fairly shallow. I guess I will try it out tomorrow. It can only help it I assume.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts

would scratch-X work for a jealous, bipolar ex of my girlfriends key job on my nice, freshly waxed SVT?
I don't have the money to get them taken care of.....and they don't seem to deep....but definately through the clear, and some parts through the paint. thanks.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts

02 smurf, your best bet would be to wet-sand and polish

·
Registered
486 Posts

02 smurf, your best bet would be to wet-sand and polish
yeah, Scratch X on a scratch through the clear coat didn't do much

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
Spam is bad... mmmKay.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.