Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a gen 1 JBA shorty header , all was well --i was doing a weekly inspection of my engin bay when i noticed a exhaust leak noise----- further inspection revealed that where the 4 pipes come together over the cat THERE IS A LEAK i can feel the exhaust shoting up now here are my concerns

OTHER than a louder exhaust, i there any other prolems wit this,, MOST IMPORTANT AM I LOOSING POWER?

didant JBA have a recall on there headers help!!!!!!! this just happend! ------thanks

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
My 3rd gen JBA header cracked.

Luckily I went through a JBA dealer. JBA sent a new header and I got 30 days to install the new header and send the cracked header back.

I now have another leak.
It could be from the Focus Central Flex-Pipe.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
call up JBA and they may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i cracked 2 headers from jba. the first one i got a replacement from jba and I had 60 days to install and the secod i just got a refund and got a FC race header. They will work with you on ethem. talk to alex conger at jba

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
You will need your original receipt when you deal with them. I don't know if they are willing to work with you without it. I tried.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by zx3ford:
You will need your original receipt when you deal with them. I don't know if they are willing to work with you without it. I tried.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What!?! So what did you do??? Trash the JBA header and went with the FC race header?

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Originally posted by Hi-Risk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by zx3ford:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What!?! So what did you do??? Trash the JBA header and went with the FC race header?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I had to eat the 1st JBA header that I had. I got the second one and that one was good to go.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Originally posted by artin:
can someone give me JBA's website or a customer service phone # please!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.jbaheaders.com/

JBA Headers · 7149 Mission Gorge Road, Suite D · San Diego, CA 92120
Local: (619) 229-7797 · Toll Free: (800) 830-3377 · Fax: (619) 229-7761

I have a gen 1 header and am concerned with all the rusting happening on my header... Is JBA's customer service any good???

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i took care of thi problem a LONG time ago........THEY DIDANT EVAN NEED A RECIEPT
they just took it back and sent me a nice new one !

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
yea dude, I posted about this in another, er, post.

They should be real cool about it, I actually bought the 1st gen headers used, then I traded those for the 2nd gen headers. I recently traded those, I wrecked my car
They gave me a brand new set yet again. James is who I talked to, he even asked me if I wanted to return them for a refund! Excellent service as far as Im concerned.

Ricky

·
Registered
175 Posts
Originally posted by thinkfast:
yea dude, I posted about this in another, er, post.

They should be real cool about it, I actually bought the 1st gen headers used, then I traded those for the 2nd gen headers. I recently traded those, I wrecked my car
They gave me a brand new set yet again. James is who I talked to, he even asked me if I wanted to return them for a refund! Excellent service as far as Im concerned.

Ricky
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmmm... Maybe I need to talk to James. The guy I talked to said he wanted my old one back with the original receipt, and then he would send me a new one. I then replied, well what do I do in the 2-3 weeks the header is in transit... Pretty much just said well you are SOL.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Jba has to be one of the best companies I have ever dealt with regarding warranty support.

Any problems, they take good care of you..

We have sold tons of their headers, and although there have been a few cracks here and there, they took good care of the customer. And, they made good efforts to fix the problem with redesign changes, etc.

Problem is..the constant torquing back and forth with the Zetec motor.. =( Seems like just about no header on the market has been totally crackproof..We can blame that on the stock soft motor mounts the focus has though.. =(

Cory Haines
Operations manager @
www.modernperformance.com

Focus parts in stock. Focus knowledgable salespeople, same day shipments. MP of course.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Originally posted by Modernceo:
Jba has to be one of the best companies I have ever dealt with regarding warranty support.

Any problems, they take good care of you..

We have sold tons of their headers, and although there have been a few cracks here and there, they took good care of the customer. And, they made good efforts to fix the problem with redesign changes, etc.

Problem is..the constant torquing back and forth with the Zetec motor.. =( Seems like just about no header on the market has been totally crackproof..We can blame that on the stock soft motor mounts the focus has though.. =(

Cory Haines
Operations manager @
www.modernperformance.com

Focus parts in stock. Focus knowledgable salespeople, same day shipments. MP of course.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">new torque link bushings keep that motor pretty still. of course you get a bit o vibration at idle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts