Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to build a return style system for my focus. a little for hp, but mostly just to get rid of my fuel tank and get a fuel cell. i will have a complete fuel system by the end of it all, but i need to know what all i can use to get it done as cheaply as possible to start with. i know what fuel cell i need. i want a 16-20 gallon foam filled aluinimum with a fuel level sender. i put a fuel cell and inline pump in my 95 gt, but those are return style to begin with, so it was just replacing it mostly. i am not too sure what fuel rail i need, or what adj. fpr i should go with. i will be going with steel braided eventually unless you think i should use it to begin with. price is an option, but not a total hinderance. i can wait a few weeks to save up for a particular part if needed, but i don't like to waste money.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Go with an aeromotive 1000hp pump and efi regulator. Just use the stock pump wiring to the aeromotive pump. Get a sean hyland fuel rail, it has AN fittings on both ends. Run your linde accordingly.

Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats the benifit of using the stock wiring? and the sean hyland rail is the best for my application? i'll go ahead and look into the rail now then. what size injectors should i run? any idea what it cost to get a pro-m recal. freom stock cal.?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Well the only reason I say SHM rail is that it has AN fitings on BOTH ends. Most rails only accept the stock FRPR. And for the injector size, I guess it really depends on your power goals. And for the Pro-M, best bet is to get a MAFia from Tom. Think they run about $160 but dont quote me on that.

Scott

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
what about the steeda rail, there is one cheap on ebay right now for 40$ i can afford that!
the steeda can take AN on both ends also.

has removable ends for use with AN fittings to upgrade fuel system.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Well thats good to know. I knew for sure that the SHM did, but wasnt sure on any others

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
stock fuel pump flows more

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
yes, thats a fine regulator. Which ever one you get, just make sure it specifies that its for injected applications. Obviously a carb. one runs alot less fuel pressure.

Scott

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Why not just get one from a European Spec focus? They all have it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
As far as cost concern goes, are you aware of the tuning that will be necessitated by adding these parts to your car? You do know that the ECU will need to be notified that you are changing the FPR and the pump, etc. etc. etc. The best option right now for that would be the pro racer package from sct.

As far as injector sizing, you need larger than 42lb injectors to start with. My rationale: 42's are fine with the stock return style system. As far as mafs goes, lightning mafs will have the range and flow you are going to require for your hypothetical system.

In fact, talking from experience, you are going to be "building yout car for FI" forever. I would save up for the mode of FI you eventually want first. Buy the turbo, run it, then upgrade. You can run at or over 250 fwhp with the stock return style fuel pump in place. If you want to get the car ready to boost, upgrade your pistons and rods, not your fuel lines. It just seems to me that you are pointing in the wrong direction to achieve your ultimate goals in a timely manner.

nick

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
llmama under a different screen name, focus mis direction from the very beginning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts