Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm considering selling my focus in a few months when my warranty end gets nearer. i love my focus, but owning a focus without it being under warranty is not my idea of a good time. i'm considering leasing my next car also. i don't want to modify it heavily, and i like to change cars fequently. i'm looking at new cars up to $30,000, and i like my options, so a 29,000 base price and 7,000 worth of options is not in my league. i can not spend more than 30k. so far i am considering the acura TSX and the mazda RX-8. let me know what you guys think, and if you have any other recomendations, by all means help me out.

the car will not be raced, it is mainly a daily driver, will not see the winter time, and i will consider the total package of the car, i don't want an amazingly fast car with an econo-box interior (so please spare me of the EVO recomendations) i want to step up a bit from the svt focus not down. anyways thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you like the TSX you'll love the original...

the Mazda 6s.

You won't leave an Acura Dealership with a TSX for less than $30,000

·
Registered
723 Posts
honestly, if you're not going to race the car, i would think that the tsx or the mazda 6s would be your best choices.

·
Registered
199 Posts
TSX, a car you will honestly love more each and every day!!! Get the navi too it will still be at 30k.!!! If you need some hi res pics I can take some and send em your way! Just put the spoiler on the arctic blue baby last night! Looks hot!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I would suggest the Mazda 6s also or the RX-8

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
im in the same situation. Im going with a nissan product, prolly a spec v or a 350Z just depends if i want to get into the hassle of a 4 door or not. The rx8 and rsx are also on my list, but FWD is at the bottom of my choices.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I really am in love with sports sedans so my vote goes to the TSX, it is a great car. I have driven both it and the Mazda 6 and i liked the TSX much better, the mazda was a really cool ride, but i like the simple smmoth statement and fit and finish of the Acura.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you like the TSX you'll love the original...

the Mazda 6s.

You won't leave an Acura Dealership with a TSX for less than $30,000
msrp of the TSX with the Nav system is still under $29,000. Why do you say that i wouldn't leave for less than 30k?

TSX, a car you will honestly love more each and every day!!! Get the navi too it will still be at 30k.!!! If you need some hi res pics I can take some and send em your way! Just put the spoiler on the arctic blue baby last night! Looks hot!
I would love some high res pics. please send them to [email protected] you really think i should go with the factory nav for 2k as opposed to instaling an aftermarket unit?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
If you believe that the best drivers' cars are not necessarily the quickest, but those that blend dynamics and performance so seamlessly and cohesively that the driving experience is a powerful singularity rather than a collection of dazzling party tricks, the RX-8 hits the sweet spot with uncanny accuracy.
You see what i vote for
. This is the car i want / would get.

·
Registered
759 Posts
some others maybe to look at:
G35 Sedan(6speed MT is just under 30K)
Maxima
Altima(can get a fully loaded 3.5se for just under 30K)
350Z

of your list I think I might go with the TSX but i would have to drive both first, love the RX-8 but as my only car, i dunno

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Only problem I have with Acura or Lexus is for the most part they are just Tarted up Toyada's or Hondas that you pay a premium on..though I do have to say that a G35 coupe is really nice besides the totall lack of headroom in the back

·
Registered
53 Posts
WOW, I'm thinking just like you! I've test driven the TSX, and I did the Mazda Rev it Up where I got to drive a Mazda 6 like no dealer would want

I'm also considering the Saab 9-3, lots more torque than the TSX and Saab has major incentives currently. I was very excited about the new volvo S40, but I think the only manual version comming to USA will be the top of the line awd, which will probably be well over $30K (my limit).

TSX will probably have the best resale value and build quality (although some TSX owners are complaining about rattles). Mazda 6 will have the lowest price, but Edmunds rates the depreciation cost as being quite high. They don't have any "True Cost to Own" data for the TSX.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Only problem I have with Acura or Lexus is for the most part they are just Tarted up Toyada's or Hondas that you pay a premium on..
Maybe so, but if it was called a Honda TSX or a Toyota IS300 would they be any less of a car? No. The pricing for Nippon's "premium" brands is far cheaper than the toys from Deutschland, and the quality is still top notch.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The quality on the TSX is incredible! and the reason I say to go with the factory navi is the fit. It fits just right and the voice commands help a lot. From what I heard the aftermarket ones do not have voice commands. And you don't have to program your voice for the thing to learn it either. controls volume, AC, stero, CD, and all the navi controls! I constantly use "Find nearest MExican restaurant" and "Find nearest ATM" lol. I test drove the Mazda 6 and while I liked the car and it looks like a lower end TSX in real life. I could not stand the red gauges...now go sit and test drive a tsx with navi at night! drool... Will send you some pics tonight

1 - 14 of 14 Posts