Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im selling my 99 prelude to get a new car.
im looking to spend max $17000 on a turbo car what would you choose.

These cars are used btw
The car must be a 5spd - turbo, i want some luxury and Color anything but Red-yellow or bright colors.

WRX OR Audi 1.8T

Why did you make that choice?
What advantages do you see in the long run?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Definetly the Audi.

Reason for choosing:

-My roomate has a 97 A4 2.8, beautiful car.
-You said you wanted Luxury, and Audi can provide that, as opposed to what people say about the WRX.
-Plus "everyone" gets the WRX.....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i was thinking, right now im checking another insurance quote, i might be crazy enough for a S4.

but i liked the 2000 audi 1.8t i drove and the wrx was awesome, but everyone wanted to race me!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep im checking to see how much the S4 will run me a month.
but the 1.8t is ideal.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*bump*

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would pick a audi over a wrx anyday. it's just not a sports car but also a luxury sedan. the wrx is a faster car but the interior is kind cheep looking, while the audi has a more upscale interior. you can always mod a car to be fast but you cant realy change how the interior looks. it is cool that you are looking at other forums to form a better idea of what you want. i saw your post over on BAG hopefully you find an audi to your specks soon.

harry b
hb972.8q

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Audi + luxury + sweet 1.8T =
<---- That's what's going to be on your face, WRX are nice, but they aren't luxury that's for sure. BTW, shoudn't this be in Pit Stop, it is related to cars you know.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im in alot of boards 6 in total... actually with high posts lol lets just say i drive alot of cars

Im selling my latest vehicle the prelude so im looking for an audi badly lets see how much i can get for it, i brought all back to stock.

Thanks for your reply the audi is what i really want the wrx was mostly for power.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Get an old school SAAB. Like an early '90's. They are super easy to work on and with the proper tuning, you can get them into the 12-13's woth around a grand.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I test drove both. This is my opinion. The WRX is more for power and yes both have allwheel drive. If it is luxury you want then yes go for the Audi. If it is power that you want then go for the WRX. I have priced out some used 2002 WRX's on www.autotrader.com and have found a few for around $19,500. For me I am not a luxury type person. I am more into the Power scene, therefore the WRX would be the best bet for me. Remember Andre, it is going to be up to you. Now there is always the Subaru 2.5TS. I priced out a 2003/2004 model for $21,500.00 and looked at the power options for this vehichle from Cobbs Tuning and they have a package for this car that will bring the Naturally Aspirated Engine to 200bhp. Or there is always another option and go for the Subaru 2.5RS. Which is another tight car. Remember keep in mind which you would preferr to have, luxury or power. Really it is also going to depend on what your insurance is going to charge you for monthley payments. For me it really doesn't matter if I go w/ the WRX or the Audi 1.8T, especially payment wise for insurance, because of my age that is. Let me know what you get. Peace.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The old saab idea no way!!!

Alex- Hmm no its either audi or wrx... i think i might make the sacrifice and get me a S4

i dont know insurance is whats holding me back man.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm with everyone else. audi all the way. They're nice cars and everyone its getting the WRX. You might lose a little power but it will make up for it in the 'coolness' factor

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
^^^elderfeces--You should change your name to ninjafeces

Back on topic--I'd say the Audi, as long as there's a dealer in your area.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
audi it shall be

1 - 20 of 29 Posts