Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on defending the Focus on one of the other boards I frequent but it is a bit of a losing battle just because of some people just aren't openminded. Some well thought out intelligent posts from some other Focus owners may help me though. Anybody willing to chime in and come to my rescue a bit I would really appreciate. Here is the link.

http://ubb.turboford.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=009043#000015

These guys are Ford people they are just not real openminded when it comes to anything other than the old 2.3 turbo or f/i in general. Any examples of turbo Focii would probably help as well as well....you get the picture. Help me out y'all.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
795 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of losers to me...present company excepted of course.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're not really losers. They just tend to be a bit closed minded but remember that they have been living with a motor with little respect for 20+ years.

They just need to be shown the light.

They can really be helpful with 2.3 turbo questions though. Although I may have just blacklisted myself.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The problem is that theyre comapring 2 different car...sizes...and demographics. What is the main market for the average focus owner...mom/ dad / college kid/ high school nerd (with good car tastes)
Whats the average buyer of a 2.3t .... car enthusiast, mechanic, high school jock. It would be like arguing why the chevy camaro kills the chevy cavalier. 2 different cars, 2 different tastes.. NOt made to do the same thing. Not that the focus isnt made to be turbocharged or what not, its just that it wasnt made to do it by fords standards. Hell i say turbo charge every car...but does a mom in her focus wagon toting 3 kids need a turbo no. Thats why the guys at JRSC and turbo tom and all the other zetec brainiacs come up with kits to make or zetec engines more desirerable. Not to impress 2.3t weenies

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
^^^^^^ That's what I was thinking.

There are military transport C-130's and then there are the Stealth F-111 fighters.

Both are planes, but do very different things. That seems to be the jist of the argument.

I've never seen a more customizable Ford than the Focus. All the Mustangs, even the Saleens still look the same to me.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for asking if it was inappropriate. I was trying to avoid an all out war by asking for a couple of intelligent well thought out posts. We are just about done with our debate now anyways so thanks anyways.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
I am a member there as well and I wasn't received well when I had a few basic questions about my TC. They are a knowledgable bunch but not very personable.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OOh! You have a TC? That's pretty cool. I have to agree with you though. The people on Turboford are knowledgeable they are just a very tight knit group. Its pretty tough to get them to accept anything that doesn't fit in their little nitch.

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Show them the new Cosworth, AWD and around 300 HP. That will own a lot of cars.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Show them the new Cosworth, AWD and around 300 HP. That will own a lot of cars.
Showing someone something that is vaporware at best (currently anyway) isn't going to help one's cause.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Don't bother with them on the board, just embarrass them at the track.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Ive given up defending our cars, and SRT-4s ive got plenty of respect for.

I swear, most of these so-called "car guys" cant see past their obsession with NHRA and NASCAR. Not everyone can afford damn muscle cars.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I am working on defending the Focus on one of the other boards I frequent but it is a bit of a losing battle just because of some people just aren't openminded. Some well thought out intelligent posts from some other Focus owners may help me though. Anybody willing to chime in and come to my rescue a bit I would really appreciate. Here is the link.

http://ubb.turboford.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=009043#000015

These guys are Ford people they are just not real openminded when it comes to anything other than the old 2.3 turbo or f/i in general. Any examples of turbo Focii would probably help as well as well....you get the picture. Help me out y'all.

Thanks
Rob
Checkout this message board. Most people there think the car their is God's gift to mankind and are very closeminded.

They bash Honda's (Civic), Dodge (SRT4/Neons), etc. when the Focus itself is crap.

And some of them are Ford fanboys too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts