Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for some reason lately I have been on a kick for about a month about getting a WRX, and trading in the focus. But I realy like my focus alot and I already have a good bit of time and money into it.
And I am going to do 1 of two things but not sure what,
1) Trade the focus in, take the lost and start tearing apart the wrx.
2) Keep the focus and finish the project.

I am trying to make a decision quick because I don't want to put any more money in the focus if I am trading it in, but if I am not then I want to get back to the project because its killing me not doing anything to my car.
Maybe once I go to the dealership and talk numbers, and check the insurance on the car, that might make up my mind for me.
Just curious what you guys think,

·
Registered
872 Posts
Make sure you drive one first. I was super-crazy about them too until I got to co-drive one at an autocross. They're not the be all and end all.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really, I better do that then, I have heard they have major turbo lag. but not sure though, guess I will have to take one for a spin

·
Registered
619 Posts
Keep the Focus, buy the Wrx, then finnish the project.That way you'll always have something to drive after you break something exceeding the limits.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
drive the car and other cars your interested in. Crunch numbers with the dealer about trade. Then make sure its what you really what to do and think about it long term. Then say bye to the focus if it suits you. I wouldnt rush it tho, you could screw yourself in an impulse buy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am trying to make the same decision! My bro just crashed my ZX3, and I am trying to decide between a WRX and SVT. I am leaning towards the SVT because I already have all this money invested, and I don't want to go through the loss and the trouble of selling it all. On top of that, the SVT is a little more agile because of the weight
. I think the SVT wins.

Now the fact that you have a ZX3 changes the terms a little. Judging by your sig it doesn't seem like you have too much invested so it is a real toss up. Depends on what you want. Like others have said drive the WRX, just remember the turbo lag can be taken care of with full exhaust as my friend has done. Just remember the WRX is a lot heavier, and it feels like it when you dive into the first turn!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts