Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAY ALL THE NAY-SAYERS REJOICE! THIS PROJECT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE AND TOUGH...but i still need your help!!! i've replaced nearly every part from an 02'-03' svt into my 00' hatch. including every part of the wire harness, and electrical system. One thing i do need is a diagram of the fuse box. there are about 20ish more in the new svt fuse box, both underdash, and under hood combined. My current standing is: won't start. apparently no pats? light doesn't do anything. I've got a matched alarm unit, ecu and key. only thing that i'm not running is abs, traction control and airbags. does anyone have any ideas? oh...and my ignition barrel just went! yeah.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
that's it...i'm calling svt

·
Registered
130 Posts
You are a very brave man! But, yes, you need the wiring diagram. Something (or somethings) isn't or aren't hooked up properly. I would start and go wire to wire on everything until I rang out the entire deal. Will not be easy and will take some time but nothing compared to what you already have been through. Stay with it man! You'll get there!

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work. I think I would have just bought a used SVTF it would have been cheaper in the long run. Anyways good luck on the project sounds like a lot of fun

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I may be misunderstanding you here...but did you unbolt and transfer the fuse boxes and swap them to? If not...I know it can be a pain but do it...solved a lot of problems I have run into.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah...i definately changed it all...my concern is that the rear harness from a 02 doesn't match the 03'? not sure. but yeah...a wire diagram is necessary.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Why didn't you just buy a used SVT?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
uhh...been over this...that's easy to just buy a used svt, but taxes and ins are expensive. all of my parts are new for about $6000 besides my shell and dashboard. buy a new svt for $6000? why don't the guys swapping in v8s just buy mustangs?

·
Registered
355 Posts
uhh...been over this...that's easy to just buy a used svt, but taxes and ins are expensive. all of my parts are new for about $6000 besides my shell and dashboard. buy a new svt for $6000? why don't the guys swapping in v8s just buy mustangs?
word

1 - 10 of 10 Posts