Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2005 red F-150. Im doing a 2 inch front level lift. I just want a decently tough offroad look. Nothing too crazy. I will be running either 33x12.5 x17" or 325/60/18" (same as a 33x13.5 or so). I have super dark windows as well.

I really like black on a red truck. Here are the few I have chosen.

BTW, I have a regular bed...

#1. with red or black faux beadlock rings. Kind of the ol 4x4 standard look.

#2 XDs.. pretty tough looking, and I can take the urban camo ring off for a different look.

#3 American Racing Mojave

#4 American Racing Chamber. These are really growing on me.

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
If there is a way to add some subtle touches of red in the urban camo pattern on the #2's, I'd go with those. Just for the sake of being something totally different. If not those, go with the #1's with the black rings.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
The Chamber or Mojave. They're badass.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks for all the replies. My decisions on wheels on a new vehicle always tends to turn into a giant 2 month ordeal...LOL.

I think Im leaning towards the Chambers or Xds. Like mentioned above, the Micky T/ Procomp faux beadlocks are pretty over played, especially in the OC...LOL.

Here is a pic of the Chambers on the Camburg Ranger.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
my vote goes for the chambers

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts
I say you should go with these...they are money.

Bad pun intended. Feel free not to read my posts anymore.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
#4. They suit the styling of the F150 the best IMHO

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool, I think I will opt for the American Racing Chambers. I think they look really tough.

It looks like they will be shod with 33/12.5/17 Nitto Terra or Mud Graplers.

Now all I have to do is spend the fricken money.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you for keeping a truck a truck btw, I was ready to scream if there were wheels on here for a perfectly good truck that will never haul anything or go offroad
To be honest with you, my last truck was a 2004 Dodge Hemi that was lowered on 22"s. LOL. I still used the hell out of it, but I will never ever lower a truck again. I used to bottom out all the time, I sick of that.

I tow a boat, so I need at least a few inches of clearence on the rear frame rails.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Chambers!

·
Banned
2,018 Posts
thank you for keeping a truck a truck btw, I was ready to scream if there were wheels on here for a perfectly good truck that will never haul anything or go offroad
To be honest with you, my last truck was a 2004 Dodge Hemi that was lowered on 22"s. LOL. I still used the hell out of it, but I will never ever lower a truck again. I used to bottom out all the time, I sick of that.

I tow a boat, so I need at least a few inches of clearence on the rear frame rails.
for shame

well welcome to the light friend, when I see a lowered truck with no scratches in the bed and no tow hitch I just about want to scream

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
#4 then #3 look good. What F-150 did you get BTW?
Its a regular cab (looks like an extended cab though, and has 4 doors, but no back seat).

It is an STX (removed those decals first day) I got the 4.6. I had to start getting some sort of fuel economy. The Hemi was eating the fuel like no tomorrow, and Fords 5.4 is not much better. It actually does pretty well. I tow a 21ft Wakeboard boat with it no problem.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
You need these in a 24"

Blink-ity Blink!!! Ya needs those! Ya HERD?!?!?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts