Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get started I'd just like to say I've been searching since about 12 this afternoon and most of the posts didn't seem to fit my problem fully, it's now 3:20. Friday when I was leaving work, backing out of my parking spot I noticed a pretty hard clunk from the front end, and then again when I shifted to first (I'm not sure if it's just one side or not but it seems to be driver side if not both?? )so I drove home easy and that was it. Now it's Sunday and on the way home from church I noticed it again, but worse. Like when I left a red light it did it right after I was all the way out of the clutch, and when I turn. It's like something is binding up, and the a VERY hard CLUNK and then it's fine. The steering wheel gets tight just before it happens. I can feel it in the steering wheel, floor, seat, anywhere.. it hits hard whatever it is.
Sorry for the long post. noresull? anyone? PLEASE?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Check out your strut bearings.

Jackup the front of your car and put it up on jackstands if possible if not just do one tire at a time. With the tire off the ground, grab the top of the tire and pull it back and forth and see if you can see the top of the strut moving around. Have someone in the car rotatte the steering wheel back and forth see if you see anything abnormal, Alos just get up under your car and check to see if anything is loose. It would be easier if both tires were off the ground so you can look at everything while someone is turning the wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.