Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.... my car won\'t start

Hey guys,

Have any of you ever had any problems with your ZX3 not starting? It just cranks and cranks... it would crank forever and run the battery dry if I let it go that long.

A friend of mine said that, outside of being sarcastic, he had a Ford that when it rained it wouldn't start or ran like crap. Is this a common problem with Ford vehicles? It takes a lot of humility to ask such a question, so be gentle.

EDIT: This is a brand new 2003 ZX3 with only 1500 miles on it.

[ 05-06-2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Bechman 2000 ]

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Re: Help.... my car won\'t start

First off, this should probably be in Team Tech. Next off, check things like that little fuel cutoff switch button near the glove box on the passenger side wall, it should have a plastic cover over it. Press down on the button and see if it starts. If not, look for fuel under the car and under the hood, or see if it smells like raw fuel under the hood. If there's raw fuel visible, you may have a fuel line that popped loose, but leave it to ford to fix it, the focus uses high pressure fuel lines. If all else fails, the thing is under warranty and probably came with free roadside assistance for the duration of the warranty (my 2000 ZX3 did), so just push it into the street and next to the curb, and tell call the number (ford roadside won't pick it up in your driveway if I recall correctly). Should be fixed for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.