Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing my new fc race header and as i was tightening the last spacer, it broke off in the head! the good news is there are no exhaust leaks, but how do I get the spacer (or what's left of it) out?! this has been a rather disappointing experience , any help is greatly appreciated.

...bartek

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hm...

Uhhhh, that is truely something freak, my friends GSR currently has that problem. And I don't truely know what he plans to do about it, but um, you could take the head off, drill, and rethread maybe as an idea?

·
Registered
517 Posts
EZ-Out. Find it at your local hardware store. It is made specifically for getting out broken bolts/studs, works like a charm.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
u will prolly have to pull the radiator to get room, but get a drill and drill a hole into the remaining bolt bout 1/2-3/4 inch deep. goto any tool or autoparts store and buy a easy out that will fit the hole your drilled.

Hammer the easy out into the hole and back out the bolt, then replace it with a new one.

No need to drill it out and tap it. easy to mess up

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i got made experince with ez outs, had to use them to pull the fawking floor panels on a 130 to soak up 30 gals of hydraulic fluid that some idiot realesed

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice! So this ez-out stuff lives up to its name?

...bartek

·
Registered
144 Posts
bartlomiej:

your throttle body was shipped today.
p.m. me for the tracking numbers.......

phil

·
Registered
329 Posts
dont touch it if it is broke off flush with the head! just bring it to a machine shop (the whole car) they are usually pretty good getting them out, and they really dont charge much when you consider how much damage you can do. probably wouldnt cost you over 50 bucks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
listen to the hydro troop he is right on this one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts