Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am crispy new at this mod stuff so bare with me. Am planning to get a MagnaFlow Cat-Back exhaust system for my '01 Ford Focus Sadan. I need some help in how it would sound like. If you have any suggestions or even if you can post sound clips I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm thinking about a Magnaflow too, but would love to hear one first. I did a search, but only came up with sound clips for other systems.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
trust me....it sounds awesome....very good system....so good that im switching from my FS exhaust.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have the MAGNAFLOW on my 2000 ZTS and I love it all the way. The installer asked me if I wanted the resonator installed as without it he said that it would be LOUD. I'm glad I had it installed, because when I changed my ICEMAN for a COOLFLO, it is pretty SWEET sounding when you get on it and would probably attract John Law without too much of an effort. I love mine and the lifetime warranty is perfect. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
FocusGirl22, welcome to the jet. I've had the Magnaflow on my car for several months now and am so impressed with it's sound that I just installed another one on my wifes Foci. I don't have a sound clip but I relate the sound to the british cars of the 60's and 70's. Kind of a nice mellow purr, not at all raspy but yet you can tell it's there, it's got a husky sound to it and absolutely no droning. I've been to several g2g's and have heard most of the systems out there and I think the magnaflow is one of the quietest. We just installed a Bosal on another jetters car a couple of weeks ago and it's definately louder then the Magnaflow. Just my .02 - Again, WELCOME

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DAN-D Thanks that type of description is pretty much what I was looking for. I didn't just want to drop a few 100 $$ for nothing. My only problen now is deciding what size of tip to get. 1,000,000 thankx

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
FocusGirl,

Welcome to the 'Jet - Awesome to see some more Girls gettin on the 'Jet - Its great!

You will be very happy with the Magnaflow - I have heard it many times on many different Foci - It does sound just how Dan described it!

BTW - The Magnaflow is only being offered with a 3in Rolled Tip I believe - Who are you going to order it from?

drew
fok

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
focusownerskid
Am getting my exhaust through a local shop. I've heard thay do a good work plus they did some work for my Boyfriend not too long ago.

·
Registered
143 Posts
welcome to the jet focusgirl ( wow, women get alot of replies rather quickly around here..lol )

i have had the magnaflow on for a while now, i love the way it sounds inside the car and outside. I bought mine form Black Diamond. they sent it out same day and i had it in less than a week. as for the install, did it in the drive way in less than an hour. I didnt recieve any hardware with mine so i went to the local hardware shop and bought some ss bolts nuts and washers ( a can of pb blaster is a good investment too ) if you really want it to growel consider an air intake and an absolute must have is the 65mm tb.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I sold my AEM exhaust and now im going with the Magnaflow. The lowest price was from New Edge one of our sponsors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Machine

Well what can I say, I guess women interested in cars are a rare treat. I thought I would be getting ingnored since I barely started to learn about cars. But so far your guys have been cool. Oh, by the way thankx for the info not only to you but all of you who have helped out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
As you've already read, the Magnaflow exhaust sounds great! Nice mello tone and not ricy! I have it on my 2000 zx3 along with a Volant cai and FC tb! A good investment no doubt!
welcome to the jet

I'll try and post a video/sound clip tomorrow!

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: RicanStyleZX3 ]</p>

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Machine:
welcome to the jet focusgirl ( wow, women get alot of replies rather quickly around here..lol )<hr></blockquote>

i was thinking the same thing!

welcome to the 'jet. contrary to what you might think we will be more than happy to help ANYBODY who needs it. enjoy the site and try to hit up a few gtg's if you get the chance.

Nate

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
[shameless plug]Just to let anyone interested know, I will be putting my 1st gen Magnaflow Sedan Catback with the huge tip in the classifieds in the next couple of days. I still have the original box and all the hardware. I never put it on my car, it's still new! I'm going to be putting it up for $250+shipping or maybe even less depending how much shipping will be. So check the classifieds in the next couple of days![/shameless plug]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts