Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help... only for the pro\'s

alright... heres the deal my car runs great for about the 5 mins. after startup. then after i get on the gas a little bit it just starts to bog out @ around 4000 rpm. i just put in a fuel pump like 4 months ago. i bored out the TB recently, but it ran fine for a hot one after that. i put in a tach. not too long ago, but instead of running the adapter off of the CPS i ran it to the ground on the coil pack. could this possibly be messin with the signal to the pack and @ a certain RPM theres just not enough voltage to drive the spark @ those nigher RPM's? or could it possibly be something else? also too the IAC keeps on throwing DTC's. i took that out last night and cleaned it. it ran a little bit better for awhile. i also just put in a new TPS and that seemed to help a little bit too. so basically it runs like **** still. but if i turn it off and then just start it back up i can get in like 1 clean run but then after that its all just down hill from there. any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanx

B

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Re: help... only for the pro\'s

if you think it is the tach then unplug it and see if your problem goes away. eliminate all possible options on at a time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: help... only for the pro\'s

its not so much that i think its the tach its the fact that there may be some kind of extra resistance due to the ground for the coil has been cut and has to run through the tach adapter... but i already went out and messed with it and needless to say thats not the problem... maybe the fuel pressure regulator... imma replace it mon. and see what happens

B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts