Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today and my car got really hot and lost alot of power and ran really bad. I got to my friends house and started inspecting things. I removed the spark plugs and the ones in the #3,4 cylinders the ceramic electrode was broken on them. I put some more plugs in them and drove home,its about 15 miles, and when i drove in the driveway it started doing the same thing. I checked the plugs again and this time the #2 plug was broken. I am assuming that this is DETONATION. I cant hear it knocking but my car is really loud mith the setup that I have. Theh plugs that I am using are Bosch double plats. I know that this might be the problem but its all I can get here right now. The motorcrafts are on the way but that is irrevelant. What could be casuing the deto? The fuel isnt the greatest here but I put in octance booster and I hve not had any problems before. I am running a custom diablo chip but I have never had any problems before with a basic chip. Is my ignition not up to snuff? It is stock except for motorsport wires. Should I take out th echip and run it without it? I am totally baffled here. Help me out please. thanks

[ 09-15-2002, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: quicksilver ]

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
about the only thing that will cause that is excessive cyl temp

could be
fuel pump going bad,,lack of fuel
stuck thurmostat
fans not coming on,,but it would have to be realy hot there
to much timing

tom

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thik that I can rule out the fa because I let it idle for a long time nad the fan was coming on. Then thermo stat is brand new. I got i a few weeks ago from FC. Could i be making too much power fo rthe stock injectors to handle. I was under th assumption that they could handle the stage 2 head package. How would i know that the FP is going bad? I did notice that after i changed the fuel filter it was kinda loud. Aslos on a side note i did have to add soem coolant after it ran hot for a bit. what can i do to eliminate more things going wrong? thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts