Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i was driving home on the hwy and my engine started to died... so i put it back in 5'th and let the clutch out to get it started again.. it started back up for a few seconds and then shut off again.. i have full power (ex. radio, sunroof, pwr windows etc) but it wont start on its own and when i get a jump start it starts and then shortly shuts off again. I had the car towed to ford and i was woundering if ne body had ne ideas of y its doing it? I personally think it could be the alternator b/c not but a week ago i went and had my battery tested and it was good!

got ne ideas

[ 09-27-2002, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: 02SteedaFocus ]

·
Registered
883 Posts
bad fuel pump. battery connection, bad spark plugs. could be any of those. could be alternator but unless you have up graded stereo and lights,etc. it shouldnt be that.

·
Registered
799 Posts
when u try to start ur car is there any electricity? it could be the battery connection is loose, did u install anything recently in ur car mayb that could be the problem.

·
Registered
723 Posts
probably the fuel pump

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i have full power on my lights . radio etc.. i do have a system with a 250 w amp and i do have the mach audio lights?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i talked to ford today, and it was the alternator..fried he said. Its probalby b/c of the battery termal wires so the replaced the battery termanal wires and alternator....free of charge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts