Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a pair of tail's sitting collecting dust i have tinted a pair of tails before but I am out of nite shades and do not want to buy another can so here is my dilema!

I was wondering if it is possible to use Automotive paint(I have some laying in the garage) as niteshades. Isn't niteshades just a very diluted down black paint? Does anyone have experience with this and if so how did you go around this. Thank you!

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
Re: Help Tinting tails *not with walmart tint* Been there done t

automotive clear coat with just a WEEEEEE bit of black paint in it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

A Weeee bit ehh
Sweet I thought i heard mixing clear and a little bit of black would do the trick...so im guessing it would come out shiny or would i have to do a seperate coat of clearcoat? Thank you Majikal

·
7,550 Posts

It shuld come out shiney with just the blacked clear coat as long as u wet sand it properly when you're finished.

·
Registered
303 Posts

You can also use different pearl or candycoats in the clear. You can go with a black pearl in your clear. I am not sure if just using a regular base coat black in the clear would work. Pearls would work fine because they are designed to allow the base colors to show through.

·
7,550 Posts

yeah, but mixing in a black base coat with clear coat is essentially making a thick candy.

and i dont think pearls are see-thru, candys are.

·
Not A Texan!
420 Posts

It shuld come out shiney with just the blacked clear coat as long as u wet sand it properly when you're finished.
I just spray tinted my tails and was wondering the proper method to wet sanding these?

·
Registered
127 Posts

from what i gather, using 2000+ sand paper with, you guessed it, water. i'm sure others will follow up with their own tried methods for this. funny that a few years ago, i sprayed my tails, and still haven't wet sanded. every year since then, i look at them and say 'i really should get rid of that matte look'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts