Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i turn my focus clunks really loud... its not the cv joints and i took the wheel off to take a look around and i dont see anything out of place... my buddy zachary thinks the axels are bad... what does everyone else think?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Aftermarket Springs? If so are they seated correctly on the strut?

-Scott

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
clunking is usually one of a few things:

1) Loose Lug nuts

2) CV Joints (Axles) - and how do you know it's not the CV Joints?

3) Tie Rod End Bushing

4) Strut / spring noise (strut not tightened correctly, spring not seated right, etc)

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clunking is usually one of a few things:

1) Loose Lug nuts

2) CV Joints (Axles) - and how do you know it's not the CV Joints?

3) Tie Rod End Bushing

4) Strut / spring noise (strut not tightened correctly, spring not seated right, etc)
its definitly not the lug nuts, i know what cv joints sound like and its a lot louder than the noise cv joints make, how do i check the tie rod end bushing? i have a set of brand new tie rods sitting around should i just try to replace it?... and i know i did everything right on the springs and struts... it was done a long time ago anyways... i put in poly bushings for the motor mount... could it have not seated correctly and cause clunking like this... thats what my first guess would be... that or im missing teeth in my axles... i dont know... the right side is doing the clunking now too when i turn right so i dont know what to do... i really dont want to take it to ford...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Check your swaybar endlinks too. I had a slight clunk after lowering mine and I didn't have an endlink tight enough.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
everythings tight and looks to be in place, i pulled it out of the garage today, it doesnt clunk in reverse, but when i pulled it forward back into the garage and turned left it felt like it was catching on a bump or something and didnt want to go but i kept going and it did the clunk...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts