Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i turn my focus clunks really loud... its not the cv joints and i took the wheel off to take a look around and i dont see anything out of place... my buddy zachary thinks the axels are bad... what does everyone else think?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Did you look at your tie rods, sway bar end links, shocks/springs?.....this sounds more like a subject for suspension too....try to move the post there...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well look closely at all the nuts to see if they are tight....Have someone push up and down on the car while its on the jack stand and see if you can hear anything, and also have someone turn the wheel while the car is on the stand to see if you can see or hear any abnormal noise. Did you hit something or runover anything lately????? Peace

Lox

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, nothing happened, it just started clunkin around and it sounds really bad... im just gonna take it to ford tomorrow because its definitly broke... i regret taking it to ford because i have the h&r cup kit so its not under warranty but oh well...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Check the bolts that are holding the A-arm bushings down. I remember someone going through this and finding that the two bolt clamp that holds on of the A-arm bushings in place had gotten loose. I'd do a whole lotta lookin' at my car before I'd ever take it to a dealer...,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts