Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i turn my focus clunks really loud... its not the cv joints and i took the wheel off to take a look around and i dont see anything out of place... my buddy zachary thinks the axels are bad... what does everyone else think?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Possible loose strut mount. Have someone look under the hood while you are bouncing the car up and down-look for any movement. Also, try this; raise the car up on the jack, put it on jackstands if you have them, and shake the wheel back and forth and up and down, again looking for movement. If you do this, block the wheels on the ground and be careful not to shake it too much and tip the jack and let the car come down. Can you tell if it's coming from the front or the back? You might want to check each wheel in this manner. looking for movement or loose components. Check stabilizer bar also.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
shock or strut mount.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
you know what man??!! it's hard to know where to post since you are cross posting like a mofo, but I had this once. guess what I found? A rock in the suspension. I dont know exactly what its called but there is a space on the frame I think, in the front, where the control arm or whatever flexes right over in a turn. when I would turn, the rock would impede the arm and make a very loud very scary clunking noise. there is also a hole in the frame or what have you where other rocks would slide into and make noise. check the front of the frame to see if you have any rocks in there.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i cross posted... so sue me... i need to figure out whats wrong and i want all the help i can get... im going to check all the things that everyone has said, hopefully i get it figured out tomorrow... and hopefully its nothing terrible... thanks for the help

·
Registered
83 Posts
does it feel like it slips as well as clunk? At slow speed does it make chirp aounds from the wheels? I'm not sure how old urs is but my 73k 00 tranny is done...it appears that by diff inside the tranny is locking up and all broken. Hope urs is something less serious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts