Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 70mm maf sensor and mac short ram intake from mcnews i'm running sock injectors and stock computer the maf was calibrated to my computer code i've had it on my car for about a week and last night i was driving around and i started to notice the car was stumbling everytime i press on the gas it's like nothing far a second and then it goes even with the revs up high like 4.5 grand and when the motor idles the revs jump up and down like it's not getting enuff fuel has anyone else had this problem and what can i do to fix it any help is greatly apperciated

·
Registered
384 Posts
have you talk to the guys at mcnews? Give them a call and I'm sure they will help you out. I don't know too much about the 70mm MAF sensors but what I've heard is negative things about it like this.

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
The mass air could be dirty clean it with alcohol and a q tip. Sometimes new oil type filters might be a little to heavily oiled and the mass air will get oil on the element. Also make sure that all hose connections are OK any leaks and it will cause problems.

[ 10-20-2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Yel900rr ]

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i have sort of the same problem, but its betweeen hard shifts, after you get back on the throttle it kinda bogs for a second, backfires a bit and then takes off...kind of a pause, and does it too if im in gear and floor it real fast, maybe its just slow or some ****

also, i heard its not recomended to clean the sensors as they are SUPER sensitive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts