Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have a 01' zx3 that is completely stock except for a mac cold air induction. I just recieved my fidanza cam gears that i ordered, the only problem is i don't have any idea of what to degree them in at, does anyone have any good recommendations, sure would appreciate them, thanks!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
its different for every car...leave them at 0,0 till you can get taht bootch on a dyno

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Got them too, but haven't had them tuned in yet, I want to adjust them myself, but does anybody know how much tq. is recommended on the bolts(they have five)??? and also how do you adjust them when the bolts are loose
I know some one that's gonna dyno them in for me soon but i wanna mess around with them my self first. Anybody know how to do this!!!!

[ 09-15-2002, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: all2envyZx3 ]

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
bump- anyone know
^^^^^^^

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
When they are loose take a torx bit that is in the center of the gear and turn it the belt will hold the outside of the gear and the center will move align it with the slashes on the gear to whatever adjustment you want.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
thanks>>>>>yel900rr

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have the same cam geas as well and from what i have seen the exhaust cam almost always needs retarding to 2 degrees at least i would start there, but the only way to really tell is a dyno.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts