Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my FK 60/40 kit approx. 3-4 weeks ago, and everything has been fine. The kit handles great, and I would only get minor rubbing on huge, and I mean HUGE dips in the road. I had my car towed a few days ago since my right tire blew out and the shop didn't have any 18" tires in stock, and since I got it back, I have a horrible squeeky rubbing sound comming from the driver's side front tire. I haven't made any changes to that side of the car, although the tow truck only hooked up the winch to that side. The fender lip is rubbed completely to the bare metal, and the fender is actually a little bit bent. I am running Koing Livewires ( 18x 7.5) with a 215/35/18 tire. I am really at a loss as to what is the problem, I jacked the car up and nothing seems bent to a visual inspection. The rubbing is bad when making a left turn. Anyone think the sway bar endlinks could have a slight part in this? Also, I have read in other posts that the 60/40 kit requires no spring compression on the front, but mine required quite a bit of compression to get the strut plate back on tightly.

·
Registered
127 Posts
just give him his money

1 - 7 of 7 Posts