Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search and couldn't find any answers to my questions.

I'm getting ready to have some head work done and I want to make sure the shop is doing the right thing. I've heard that flow can decrease by using the wrong angles on the seat.

Does anyone know the best 3 angles to use for the Zetec head?

What width should be used on the valve face? Should it be .060 or .080?

Any help would be appreciated. Or maybe a reference to an article about Zetec heads.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
I have tested many diff. 3 ang. valve jobs on my flow bench and there was no one that realy did any better

just having one there helped low flow numbers so dont be to pickey there isnt much room on the valve to work with anyway

hope this helps

tom

[ 09-28-2002, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: 1turbofocus ]

·
Registered
210 Posts
The standard is 60/45/30 degree for the seat. The 45 degree angle is what the valve is cut at. I have heard of a five angle but I dont think you would notice the difference in performance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. Good to hear that it isn't really that critical. The guy that's doing my work seems pretty knowledgeable but I'm the one that has to live with the results.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I see that your in Oregon too. Ive got a Borla cat-back exhaust for sale. Its only got 3000 mi on it and looks like new. Also it has a resonator added to the front section.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by bugshack:
Ive got a Borla cat-back exhaust for sale. Its only got 3000 mi on it and looks like new. Also it has a resonator added to the front section.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the offer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts