Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is no Focus!This may end up being my daily if I get it going and decide to sell my truck.Focus needs a bath and oil change and fuel filter change.Its still ticking good.Anyway,I picked up a 92 Lincoln Continental for a pretty good price.It is is really good shape inside and out.The only 2 problems are the A/C,and of course that darn ole air ride system.I have one bag on the driver rear that has a leak.Now I know of a company that offers a solution to this by changing your suspension to conventional springs and struts.Now I have heard that you can put the struts out of a Taurus into this car.I just want to rid this car of the ever troubling air ride.It is good when the car is new,but they only last for about 8 or 9 years before problems arise.If one bag goes,usually another isnt to far behind.I figure with all of the help and experience on the Jet,maybe someone might know?As of now it sits with its butt in the dirt and its front looking to the sky!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naaaaaa,it rides like total poop right now.
It is all the way down on the stoppers in the rear.
I used to be into the really low thing.Not anymore.It will beat you to death!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
My neighbors had one and i had to screw with it all the time if the leak is slow, manaully turn on the inflator valve for the ride and then shut it off so the suspention cant control itself. Also the taurus supsenion will fit but it is the worlds larges PITA n the world id suggest just getting them from a lincolin w/o the air ride it will be a smoother and more luxurous ride than taurus springs will ever give..if you need help i did do it so give me holla if ya need me.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but their are no Lincolns without air ride that would fit.Where is this valve you are talking about?I know there is a manual way to pump it up but I havent spent much time with the car yet.Something weird happened a little while ago,I started the car up,the compressor kicked on and fir the first time since I have owned the car,that rear bag pumped up.Not all the way but just a little.First time it has done it since I have had it.I wonder if the bag isnt leaking.I bought it from a car lot and he told me it was the actual bag that leaked.Take that for what it is worth.
I heard there is some type of check valve that could be the problem.Do you know where this is located?I also heard it may be the leveling sensor in the rear of the car somewheres.I do hear a relay click when I open and close the driver door when the key is out of the ign.
I am just new to all this factory air ride.I can do hydraulics and some after market bags but no experience with the factory stuff.Thanks for any help,greatly appreciated.I have also been looking at lincolnsonline.com for info.They dont seem to know much about the cars they drive!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
there is a company that makes a spring coil conversion for almost all air ride cars i'll try and get their name tomorrow at work.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks but I went ahead with these guys!
Get rid of all the air headaches!
Strutmasters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts