Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 4dr Focus LX. I want my car to go faster and I was planning on getting a cold air intake. My question is, will getting a cold air intake installed affect any of the sensors? Will it pass smog? Will my check engine go on?The reason why I ask is because I saw a plug/adapter on top of my stock airbox and I was wondering what that is? And what do I do with that adapter on top of the airbox after I install the cold air intake?
THANK YOU HEINZ57 [[Confused]]

·
Registered
593 Posts
Originally posted by Heinz57:
.....4dr Focus LX. ....[[Confused]]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Lesson One: You do not have a ZETEC you need to consult the SPI people.

[ 11-15-2002, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: 2001 ZTS ]

·
Registered
662 Posts
Will getting a cold air intake installed affect any of the sensors? No

Will it pass smog? Yes I believe the AEM, MAC short intake and Iceman are all 50 state C.A.R.B. legal. (See Caveat below).

Will my check engine go on? No

The reason why I ask is because I saw a plug/adapter on top of my stock airbox and I was wondering what that is? On top of the air box? I've never looked under the hood of an Focus with the SPI engine, so I can only guess it's the PCV hose connection.

And what do I do with that adapter on top of the airbox after I install the cold air intake? If as I suspect it's the PCV hose, then it would re-attach to the CAI adapter for it.

Caveat: If as 2001 ZTS has said, your engine is the SPI, Split Port, then I think your only choice is the Iceman for the SPI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts