Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help I have look 4 a turbo kit.for my svt focus..but I can't find one...and I don't want. S:confused:pend that much.....help me...:party:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
If you are looking cheap look in the For Sale section.

If you are looking for quality I would suggest FSWerks or Massive, I think they have a kit.

There are other choices also. CFM had a kit they were putting together as well.

Check with our sponsors for new stuff.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
There is a new kit coming to market for zetec & svt. I'll try get you a pic of the hotside mocked up on an svt today.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

This kit will be finished this month, dyno tuned & tested. If all works as planned it should only take about 1-2 more months before the kits are on the market.

There will be a Zetec Manual and Auto kit offered as well.

The Auto Zetec Kit has been done and running on a car for some time, but given how much further in the engine compartment the SVT & MTX Zetec Engines sit, a Re-Design was nessicary.

The hotside we just finished up for the Svt should fit Both MTX & ATX Zetec cars. The dowpipes Are full 3" & were designed to end where the factory flex begins on a zetec. The end of the downpipe can be orderd full 3" or necked down to 2.5 inch. The SVT kit's will include a Zetec style flex pipe in your choice of 2.5" or 3".

That's about it for now.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
That is an awesome non-intercooled position!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
I'm sure it does, but look at that straight shot to the TB. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
can't wait for the final product. When the kit comes out, i will be one of the first to get this.:hump: I was just waiting on a good looking kit and this looks promising.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I'm not going to give out a whole lot of info on this right now, but this kit is going to be so different from anything else on the market when finished.

The position of the turbo does look good for non intercooled, but the kit will only be made intercooled.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Now that turbo kit looks pretty nice!

I'm sure it does, but look at that straight shot to the TB. :D
You could probably rig up a VF engineering aftercooler there! :evilgrin:

air-to-air intercooling is cool tooaft

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Now that turbo kit looks pretty nice!

You could probably rig up a VF engineering aftercooler there! :evilgrin:

air-to-air intercooling is cool tooaft
Air to water intercooling is going to be tested as well. :evilgrin:

Air to air looks cooler, but at the end of the day if air to water is more efficient I think it's the way to go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much are you trying to spend? How much power are you wanting to make?
I'm not looking 4 that much power like 10 pounds....do you think if I get the turbo kit and I can take the headers that I have and cut them and weld them to th turbo mount...will that work:confused:

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
It could work if you use a shorty header... a few kits do this.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Sounds like you are going to want a complete kit and not something you need to piece together?

Stay tuned.

·
Banned
627 Posts

This kit will be finished this month, dyno tuned & tested. If all works as planned it should only take about 1-2 more months before the kits are on the market.

There will be a Zetec Manual and Auto kit offered as well.

The Auto Zetec Kit has been done and running on a car for some time, but given how much further in the engine compartment the SVT & MTX Zetec Engines sit, a Re-Design was nessicary.

The hotside we just finished up for the Svt should fit Both MTX & ATX Zetec cars. The dowpipes Are full 3" & were designed to end where the factory flex begins on a zetec. The end of the downpipe can be orderd full 3" or necked down to 2.5 inch. The SVT kit's will include a Zetec style flex pipe in your choice of 2.5" or 3".

That's about it for now.
Is this internally gated :(

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Is this internally gated :(

We were all over the place trying to come to a decision weather or not to make an internal or External wastegate kit.

Ultimatly for a basic kit we decided that the only way to go was internally wastegated.

Internal wastegate will keep the cost of the kit down to make it more affordable without sacrificing quality. Internal wastegates are much more reliable than external setups & this is why they are used on OEM turbo cars.

Focus Sport has had great success with their Duratec turbo kits running internal wastegates. Even their 396WHP Tuner Challenge car was running an internal gate. No complaints from the duratec crowd, but it seems to be with the zetec crowd that An external gate is a must have in a turbo car.

I can't deny the fact that some want to have an external gate kit so it will be optional.

The Stage 1 kit is internally gated. There will be a stage 2 kit option that will have bigger turbo options and is externally gated. Obviously this version will cost a bit more than the base kit.

For stock motor cars the internal gate / stage 1 kit will be more than enough as the base turbo can support about 350 - 375 Fly Wheel hp.

The base turbo being used is a Genuine Mitsubishi Heavy Industries 16G with an IHI / Subaru flange. Its water cooled and will carry a 1 yr no questions asked warranty.

Using this type of turbo really opens up the door to upgrade possibilities. There are dozens of big upgrade turbos that will bolt directly in place of this unit.

A side note: Turbo placement was decided upon to make fitment of both an internal gate and full 3" downpipe possible. Internal gate will not fit below the manifold unless you either run a slim fan or mount the turbo low like the precision kit which used an oil pump to return the oil from the turbo to the engine.

I'm sure the dyno numbers will prove the effectiveness of the kit in the next couple of months.

·
Banned
627 Posts
We were all over the place trying to come to a decision weather or not to make an internal or External wastegate kit.

Ultimatly for a basic kit we decided that the only way to go was internally wastegated.

Internal wastegate will keep the cost of the kit down to make it more affordable without sacrificing quality. Internal wastegates are much more reliable than external setups & this is why they are used on OEM turbo cars.

Focus Sport has had great success with their Duratec turbo kits running internal wastegates. Even their 396WHP Tuner Challenge car was running an internal gate. No complaints from the duratec crowd, but it seems to be with the zetec crowd that An external gate is a must have in a turbo car.

I can't deny the fact that some want to have an external gate kit so it will be optional.

The Stage 1 kit is internally gated. There will be a stage 2 kit option that will have bigger turbo options and is externally gated. Obviously this version will cost a bit more than the base kit.

For stock motor cars the internal gate / stage 1 kit will be more than enough as the base turbo can support about 350 - 375 Fly Wheel hp.

The base turbo being used is a Genuine Mitsubishi Heavy Industries 16G with an IHI / Subaru flange. Its water cooled and will carry a 1 yr no questions asked warranty.

Using this type of turbo really opens up the door to upgrade possibilities. There are dozens of big upgrade turbos that will bolt directly in place of this unit.

A side note: Turbo placement was decided upon to make fitment of both an internal gate and full 3" downpipe possible. Internal gate will not fit below the manifold unless you either run a slim fan or mount the turbo low like the precision kit which used an oil pump to return the oil from the turbo to the engine.

I'm sure the dyno numbers will prove the effectiveness of the kit in the next couple of months.
There is no reliability difference between a internal and external they both use a diaphram and vacuum as a pull push. but external is just nicer easier to work on can clock the turbo any way you want, just all around easier. im not bashing your kit. i was just wondering

1 - 20 of 42 Posts