Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my Negative battery cable got corroded and broke right where it meets up to the Battery connector that hooks up to the battery. And I'm at work. Now at work we do have some wires (mostly 10Ga and maybe less like 6ga). Just as a fix to get home and repair the right way, is there any way I can use that safely??

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about 13miles, and for a big corp. and I cant seem to find anything smaller than 10Ga.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
6 guage would be larger dia. wire than 10 guage; but I think that's what you meant.

If 10's all you've got to work with, then use multiple wires, like two or three banded together.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
10ga actually isnt much smaller then stock size, so I wouldnt worry about using it in a pinch.

Scott

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I used two strips of 10ga and kinda patched them into the line and conected them upto the battery and terminal. It starts and runs fins, it actually seem like my Gauge flicker has vanished. But I will try to properly fix it tomorrow. Anyone know if someone sells a connector for something like this. I'm gonna buy a new negative battery cable, and I already have new terminals. I would like new cable to be connected to existing cable by some sort of cable crimp piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts