Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my autometer vac/boost hit 10 now that I got the pulley and belt problem all taken care of, nice difference!! now to get back my xcal2 and try to tune away the black box

do you think the occasional sputter im getting under load is from stock tune on the black box, and/or 42inj but stock in tune
put the stock maf back in but i didnt change the injectors or 3" pulley again so its there still

wont be doggin it cause i know it needs a tune but just took it for a drive

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess i dont see why that would make it drop power like a little back fire then kick up again, its more like its not getting a constant supply like an air bubbles in the line.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ok i did think about that but by what it does i was thinking it had to be something else, I guess its not burning it all and floods a bit huh ;-)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Re: ? here about sputter /w JRSC and black box, 42lb inj stock m

you could also check that your plugs are gapped right. i had this exact same problem couple of weeks ago, turned out my plugs were gapped too high and i got spark blowout. you should be around .045" to be safe.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Petik ive been told this before about lower gaps needed but I have never found a reason, im one of those that needs to know why, is it heat related i.e. a little less from the smaller gap or what?????

·
Registered
130 Posts

you could also check that your plugs are gapped right. i had this exact same problem couple of weeks ago, turned out my plugs were gapped too high and i got spark blowout. you should be around .045" to be safe.
or a quarter?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

Petik ive been told this before about lower gaps needed but I have never found a reason, im one of those that needs to know why, is it heat related i.e. a little less from the smaller gap or what?????
Smaller gap means less likelyhood of spark blowout.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

or a quarter?

are you saying gap to .025

thanks bur, i was thinking if to much fuel i needed a bigger gap for more spark but i forgot things change with FI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts