Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2002 focus with A/C. Heres a good one for ya- I go to Oreillys and order a belt cause im broke down right across the street. Easy! I got all the tools but the belt is shrapnel. spaghetti broke in 22 places. Had to cut it all out. what a pain! So anyways i get the belt for A/c for my model as I do have A/C.... and its too long. Go back to Oreillys and computer is saying that is correct belt. Hmm so i go autozone to see if the belt they have is going to be same length...yep it is. Now we keep eyeballing the one belts with no A/C and they are shorter....so for laughs i get one cause guaranteed a refund if it dont fit. Low and behold...It fit nicely. I even gave them my VIN to make sure, compared another brand. and for some weird reason My 2002 ford focus zx5 3 with A/C needed a belt the size for one without an a/c? FActory engine too. Dont know if this is the way it is with other early for focus' but that friggin crazy

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Something wrong there as I have bought ORO belts more than once and they fit fine both a/c and non a/c and correctly. Used to work there as well and never any issue there.

You have to look at part number on belt, dopey workers commonly get back more than one in returns and they resleeve wrong belt in wrong sleeve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts