1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I AM THE MOFREAKINGMAN!
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
454 Posts
haha that porsche didnt have **** on u! lol... so "mostly stock" is referring to the appearance right? i saw stgII FS on ur profile and im like WTH!? lol

·
I AM THE MOFREAKINGMAN!
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks eveyone for the comments
Yes that was in HPDE 3. It sux, i had better "battles"
when i didn't have the camera running.(the times i had
a passenger, the camera can't get a clear view so i left it off)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Looks like you ran a +(-)2:08 that lap by...fairly clean traffic wise too. Was that later in the day on Sunday...before I broke on Saturday, it was hard to get that much open track...Sunday looked uber sweet!

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Sunday was much better than Saturday. I had open track all day except for 1/2 lap here, 1/2 lap there.

RickB, does your car have the taller 3.42 gears (or whatever they are)?

·
I AM THE MOFREAKINGMAN!
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was my second run session sunday, cause i didn't get into
HPDE 3 till late sat. My dad clocked me at 2:07:50, give or take a little:)

My car comes with the shorter 3.82 gearing.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Fantastic driving! Your footwork and composure is very good! Entertaining video. :thumbup:

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
Your footwork is spectacular. i envy your ability to heel toe that way. i can't get my foot to turn that way as of yet.

·
I AM THE MOFREAKINGMAN!
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THe foot nimbleness might come from the 13 years of
soccer and the 8 years of riding bmx bikes. or not:dunno:
who knows. I just watched a lot of "hot version" import
video's and would see Kenchi Suchiya(spelling:dunno:) heel-toe,
so i would pracitce alot and try to get to his level of smoothness
and precision,( but i'm still far from that :lol:). I guess just alot of
practice and a wide-soled skate shoe is the key, cause i have skinny feet:thumbup:

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
I was heel-toing in Van's in my first session...after the driver's meeting I didn't have enough time to switch shoes. The next 7 sessions were in my high school wrestling shoes. I got a pretty nice blister on my right pinky toe after walking around in those things for 2 days. They are too small for me :dunno:

·
I AM THE MOFREAKINGMAN!
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thats why i'm yet to go with some racing shoes cause my feet are to skinny to heel- toe correctly(unless the pedals are extremly close together).
I can really get it done in vans either, the sole is still too slim. I have
to use thick skate shoes like DC's or the skate Nike's, the shoe i have on during
the video are skateboarding Nike's and i love driving in them.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
I liked the thinner shoes. Much more feeling. It isn't really how wide your feet are, depending on your technique. I use the ball of my foot on the brake, and about middle outside on the gas (right before the 1st joint on the pinky toe). I have the SVT pedals. I actually found my Vans had much more grip, but less feeling. I need to work on threshold braking though. I was pretty conservative. Lots of seconds to be picked up there. That is difficult to practice on the streets.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts