Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just snapped some pics of her.It is a bit rusty, but I am in Wisconsin, so its actually in good shape for the age. Its a 1978 F150 Ranger 4X4, 400M engine, C6 trans, 9" rear, Dana 44 front. I bought this truck about 3 years ago from its second owner, and he had it since 1980. After I aquired it I added Flowmaster Headers, and dual 2" exhaust, with thrush glasspacks. I have a fresh 400 with Edelbrock performer package waiting to be dropped in. If everything goes well I would like to do a ground up restoration this winter or in spring.
Here she be

And thanks to Wisconsins environment

Thanks for lookin.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Is that expandable foam in the firewall? haha I used that stuff for my cab corners in my '86 Ranger. sweet

·
Registered
406 Posts
Is that expandable foam in the firewall? haha I used that stuff for my cab corners in my '86 Ranger. sweet
Hey that foam saved my 85 ranger

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

there ya go.

she run strong? drive straight?
awesome...

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
The Flintsone braking option?

I do like that body style in the F-Series

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Runs good, All the steering system and brakes are new so it drives great. This is one of those trucks that you feel like god when you are driving.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Err i dont think the expanding foam will fix that hole there. LOL Looks good man. Cant wait to see it when its done. L8er Jon

·
Registered
9 Posts
nice truck, love the old fords. If thats a "78" then they changed the grill, they didn't use those headlights till "79"

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Ranger package on the 78's came with the rectangular headlights. If it had any other package it would be round headlights. Also they could be special ordered with the rectangular lights. Hope that clears it up.

·
Registered
468 Posts
My stepdad has the same truck in that diarhea brown. It holds a big sentimental value to him. He will never part with it but i will tell ya that thing is a kick ass beast for mudding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts