Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody whats going on? Just came across the focaljet site and decided to post something. I just recently purchased the AEM CAI and I absolutely love it. Not too loud and can definitely tell a difference in pull and hp. In a month or so im probably going to purchase something else but im not sure what. I was thinking about either a new throtle body or some exhaust. I called up AEM and the guy told me that a new throtle body would kick ass but I also needed to think about headers and some exhaust too since im sucking in all that air and without re-routing it out the right way then I wouldnt notice much difference. Well, if you guys have any ideas of what I should do then please reply.

·
Registered
104 Posts
In my opinion I would deff. go with a header and exhaust before the throttle body, race header and exhaust would open up your engine quite nicley....after that I would go for some pulleys, cams/gears..or just tuned cam gears, then the throttle body....just my $.02...have fun

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
First off I'd like to welcome you to the Jet. What are you wanting to do with the car?

What model do you have?

What trim?
5 speed/auto?

That will help us help you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the diablo chip. the aem and the chip were the first two things i did to my car and it was a huge difference.

late
conor

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
AEM, exhaust, throttle body, chip, header, and pullies. That should make you a happy person.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Originally posted by I3ooM:
Its an auto 2000 focus DOHC
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's funny to hear. You don't understand how excited I was getting my first DOHC. What a nice sound.

Go for the throttle body or pulleys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts