Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After snooping around in my engine bay today, I realized that the two skinny brass tubes coming from the egr are open free. I guess somehow the two hoses blew off and I guess that is what is causing my exhaust leak and possibly throwing off my A/F ratio. I read somewhere about removing this egr altogether. Should I try to remove it completely or....? Thanks for your help. If anyone else can help out, please feel free to comment. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Island I have mine completely removed and since it is disabled in the program it just seals out the exhaust from the intake manifold. you can disconect all of the tubing that goes to it and plug the vacuum bung on the intake manifold. Plus the mounting plate on the intake manifold and plug the bung on the header and you will be fine.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Todd. Do you have any pictures of what you did and what did you use to block off the header and intake manifold? Thanks again

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Well for the intake I used a piece of sheet metal to make a plate and then used to bolts and silicone to seal it. On the header I sould not find a bolt with the right threads so I took the copper tubing and cut it about 4" from the flang nut and flatened it out and folded it over about 3 times and it sealed tight. I don't think I have any close up picktures of it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts