Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm over at dan-d's house with doogie. He's still screwed up but I'm having probs too. I installed crower 2s and fc gears, nothing else. Its running really rich, and to us it really only sounds like 2 cyl are going. When in neut or in gear, the gas pedal really doesn't work at all. It takes 5 hours to rev the engine to about 4k. We checked the plugs twice now, re-did the wire connection twice on the plug and coil pack. We reset the ECU to see if that would help, but nothing. Everything is torqued right, exhaust gap is around 10-12. We are going to do a compression check and see the gap on the plugs once the head cools down a bit. I didn't know if you had any suggestions on something to check that we are missing.

Update: Spark plug #1 is totally black and foul. Spark #4 looks like it was on its way to looking like SP #1. No comp. check yet, waiting for dan to get back from Home Depot.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
My car kinda had the same problem, not when i installed my cams. But took out all my plugs to check them, ended up cracking one when i pulled it, didnt know it. Reinstalled it, it ran like crap since the plug was just groundin out not sparking. Might be something to check

·
Registered
76 Posts
Timing. Definatly Retime it find TDC Make sure Cam gear adjustment Bolts are torqued and avoid rotating the engine backwards while timing is set as this causes Timing error in belt driven timing systems.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Timing. Definatly Retime it find TDC Make sure Cam gear adjustment Bolts are torqued and avoid rotating the engine backwards while timing is set as this causes Timing error in belt driven timing systems.
Second this.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahahahaha....you won't believe how stupid this is....I don't even know why I'm going to tell you guys this, but I crown myself "Focaljet Moron of the Day". When we put the gears on we never tightened the stupid bolts on the gears, so cold side cam slid all the way to +20
Moron, yes I know, put atleast we know the problem. We did a comp. check before before finding this and I'm running and 200 psi with stock internals, so that made me really really happy. Sorry for bothering you guys, please feel free to flame away

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Hahahahaha....you won't believe how stupid this is....I don't even know why I'm going to tell you guys this, but I crown myself "Focaljet Moron of the Day". When we put the gears on we never tightened the stupid bolts on the gears, so cold side cam slid all the way to +20
Moron, yes I know, put atleast we know the problem. We did a comp. check before before finding this and I'm running and 200 psi with stock internals, so that made me really really happy. Sorry for bothering you guys, please feel free to flame away

dumbass!

j/k

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Well everything just about finished up over here. The car is running alot slower around the entire powerband (slower than bone stock)...but it runs really smooth (even at idle). As long as its running smooth thats all that matters at the moment to me. Next weekend its off to Steeda to get tuned and everything should great then. Thanks for all your help guys - Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts