Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now before you own me for asking, it is NOT, I repeat NOT a uniwiper mod.

I know our wipers are kinda robotic-ish and nasty. Mazda cured the rear sit-a-ation. but what cures the front? anyone have new front wipers that have a sleek design? not one that looks like bum darts on steriods?

I heard of ones offa Peugeots, and some off of ?Focus? in Europe? please correct me and if you guys have any photots can you post them?

also if you have bought some, can you post where you can get them from?

thanks
~Lorne

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Just buy soe reflex wiper blades. not really much you can do with the actual arms themselves but the reflex blades will do away with the ugly suspension most wipers use to make the wiper stick to the contours of the glass.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
You could also try and get Valeo blades that are on the Five Hundred and Freestyle. I know Tire Rack sells them, but they are not cheap.

I saw a few sets of Reflex blades on some cars and I don't like how the mounting point makes it look clumsy.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
You can also use the TireRack site to find out what size you need for your application, then use Google to find other site(s) very quickly that sell them at less than half the cost. Normally I'd stick with a site sponsor even for a slightly increased cost, but $30/blade for wipers is ridiculous

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Any pics of the Reflex wipers? Never heard of them. I just bought some Michelin ones, and they still look like darts, but I think they look nicer then regular ones.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
You can also use the TireRack site to find out what size you need for your application, then use Google to find other site(s) very quickly that sell them at less than half the cost. Normally I'd stick with a site sponsor even for a slightly increased cost, but $30/blade for wipers is ridiculous
The Focus takes a 22" driver's blade and a 19" passenger blade.

Don't forget too that the $30 is in USD...so that blade is almost $40 up here in Canada
That being said, our OEM blades are about $25 CDN.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the Canadian tire ones and they came out to a total of 19$ candian.. anyone got some part numbers for the fusion or 500 ones??

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I'd like to try them. They look cool. Read good reviews too. Wonder what the lifespan of those are...around here I change my wipers about 2 times a year. But my car is a daily driver and sees a lot of conditions.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'd like to try them. They look cool. Read good reviews too. Wonder what the lifespan of those are...around here I change my wipers about 2 times a year. But my car is a daily driver and sees a lot of conditions.
i dont know if this clears it up at all, but its right off the website faqs.
How often should I replace my windshield wipers?

For optimum driver visibility and safety, your wipers should always be replaced at the first sign of wear and tear. The Valeo® Ultimate™ Wiper Blade features a patented protective coating that extends the life of your blade. In fact, Valeo® Ultimate™ Wiper Blades are tested for more than 500,000 cycles and outperform the most popular standard or conventional wiper blades on the market.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Just a suggestion but go on to ebay uk and look for there wiper conversion. It converts the two wipers into one.And its the true conversion too. They have different styles you can get also. I would do that if i were you. But if your looking for new wipers....get Piaa's i love mine. You dont even really have to use em unless it pours down alot.....cuz it just beeds off the windshield.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
now before you own me for asking, it is NOT, I repeat NOT a uniwiper mod.

Just a suggestion but go on to ebay uk and look for there wiper conversion. It converts the two wipers into one.And its the true conversion too.
Easy there, killer...he doesn't want the uniwiper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts