Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling I'm going to catch some, if not a lot, of flack for this, but here goes anyway. Has anyone tried running a FC, Hi-flow cat with a stock,or mostly stock exhaust? If so, how is it?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I Haven't, But Imagine Pinching your Garden Hose quite a bit.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
It'll make some diffence, but you really need a flex pipe and a cat back of similar diameter to take full advantage of it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I think you would be better off starting with a good cat back exhaust, then do the rest (flex, cat, headers). It would at least sound cooler than just a high flow cat.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
you'll get nasty rattling sounds from the exhaust out back b/c of the increased flow...i got that way back when i got an orp 1st. catback 1st

-Ult

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know a flex and cat back are well needed pieces, but I am waiting for the exhaust shootout to be completed before buying a cat-back. Guess I'm just feeling the need to spend some $$$$ on my wagon.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
If you MUST, then go ahead and spend the money. Just don't do the Install until you decide on the rest.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
yeah i'd get some more parts to get the exhaust move'n out a tad quicker. hell i put on a street header and had an awful buzzing noise w/ the rest of the system stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts