Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been reading posts on here for over a year now, figured it would time to register.

I have a 2000 ZX3 with 90000km on it. Love the car.
Mods:
- K&N drop in filter when I got the car
- Ford Racing UDP about a year ago
- Ford Racing wires months ago
- DiabloSport chip weeks ago

- Fog light mod
- plugged egr whose

Here is the problem, twice in the last week the car has been stalling at idle. If I keep the revs up (2000+) I can drive it but as soon as I take my foot off the gas it stalls. It seems to fix itself after a few minutes (5..15). Now today I was cruising down the highway and my radio went blank and then came back (did this twice). Also it idles like crap.

I'm thinking ??short??

Any comments/ideas?

cheers

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Did these problems arise after to installed the chip?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but weeks after. And I took the car for a 5000km round trip with no problems.

I did have problems with the chip the first day when I installed it, but it was because I didn't scrub the connectors enough.

(pardon my english)

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Actually your English is 5 times better than some of the delinquents here. I would move this post over to Tech w/ Noreskull....that's the forum for problem related questions.

·
Registered
659 Posts
look for vacuum leaks also how old is the timing belt have you ever changed it the belt could be a little stretched.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
171 hp, WOW I wish I had that.

I think the belt was changed when they installed the udp, which was about 30000km ago. Which should be OK.

Can I move this (post), or does it have to be an admin?

The weird thing is the radio going out??? Maybe not related. I thought for a while it could be the bat, but the car starts fine after it stalls, so no.

thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
t.p.s.(throttle position sensor)or maybe idle air valve, possibly that chip you installed!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My radio goes out to. I've had it replaced twice and it still does it. It's one of the Focus forgivable problems.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
My wife's '02 ZX-5 had a wierd incident a few weeks ago, where her ! light came on, and the power/lights/radio flickered.
It wouldn't start the next time she went to crank it.
It turned out to be the Starter...
Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My wife's '02 ZX-5 had a wierd incident a few weeks ago, where her ! light came on, and the power/lights/radio flickered.
It wouldn't start the next time she went to crank it.
It turned out to be the Starter...
Just a thought...
that same thing happened to me my ground cable to the battery was lose. i also had to take out me chip. but i put it back in later. that was a scary thing. but my car cut off doing about 70 on a nice dangerous highway good thing i got to pull over. when you get this (!) that is scary....

PERIOD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking that too, because my revs are hanging (I think I read somewhere in here that this could also be caused by t.p.s). And like I said I have a K&N drop-in and I think I was oiling it a little too much...,...

I also had reconnected my egr right before this happened, maybe something wrong with my egr system and I just didn't know about it because it was not connected. So I plugged the whose again to see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts