Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my HID kit in and thought I would hook it up.

Got them wired up and such exactly how the book says. Its pretty easy and not much you can screw up. Me and my buddy double checked it over so many times.

So we figuring it has to do something with the e-code hellas messing with the stock harness. Seriosly I got like 1 million wires coming from the ecode tails even auto adjusting and eveything. Ahh wires everywhere.

I wonder if I even have the Hellas even hook up right. I thought I had the manual but when it come to looking at it know go. So if any one has it can you hook me up..

Any way heres what happens.

Note my HIDs are hooked up into the projector housing (inside). The outside housing has 2 bulbs. The high beam and another bulb on the bottom witch doesnt do anything?

Lights off turn key on. Both light (Projector with HID) s come on good.
Turn lights on they turn up a little brighter.

Then! As soon as I turn the car right on and one light (passenger side) turns right off but the driver side keeps working. I shut and turn lights off and on and nope. The one light is still dead. I cant figure out what it could be. Like i said i double, triple check everything. Even my buddy checked.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also. Another question. On the stock headlight wiring harness there are 3 wires. What wire is what?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
to answer question, hid sometimes have one of lights don't come on, it is not because bad wiring..it is the way hid is..ballast charge voltage upto 20,000v and send this voltage to ignitor but sometimes, ignitor don't get the right amount of voltage to light up, then you will need to turn off and wait couple seconds and turn on again.

and stocke headlight, 1 is for low beam / 1 for high beam / 1 for ground.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Glad you got it working, but you need those DRLs in Canada to be legal. Those smaller bulbs in the outside lens are a city light. That needs to be hooked up to your parking lights, middle wire of your grill harness. All HID equiped cars have a city light, no they are not bright enough to be DRLs or turnsignals.
You could use your foglights as DRLs, just do the foglight mod and turn them on everytime you drive the car. I do that here in the US just for safety.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Well got it all figured out. Pulled relay 12 for DRLs and bam now they work good.
yep DRL already uses HID which is very weak and by turning to headlight, there is no chance for ballast to charge voltage upto 20,000v to light up HID.

nice find~!!

yeah and i agree with silfox, you will need to do fog light mod and turn it on while driving, i lived in Canada for 5 years,so i know the pain..

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
You could also just wire your own realy system in to make your fogs DRLs. If you like I post up a little diagram I've drawn up before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts