Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$299 shipped!

You have a choice of 4300k, 6000k, 8000k, or 10000k.

All Kits are made by Xetronic.

Xetronic does not make an H9 kit for you guys with N/A spec Hellas so they will be gotten from a local dealer here in Houston. I will find out the brand today and post it up here...but I wouldnt sell it if it wasnt a great brand.

All orders...
Call 1-800-291-4071 x144 and ask for Gabe. I will take down your information and get your kit out to you. If we do not have it in stock I will have to order it and ship it to you.

Thanks
Gabe

·
Registered
46 Posts
What does 4300k, 6000k, 8000k, or 10000k refers to?
Is it the brightness level?
If so, how would it compare to the stock lights and is it street legal?

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
stock bulbs are around 3500K I believe?? 6000K is more towards a blueish colour of the light beam, very bright, very sexy.

dont let this thread die, when will this GB be over? I am interested, very much so. will the prices drop if there are more people interested? also, this kit will include instructions?? I am definately a newb when it comes to wiring, apparently its a plug and play installation? It wont cook the stock housings? thats my main concern that I burn them and have to go out and buy new headlights.

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - The kit comes with all ballasts
2 - No worry about the stock wiring
3 - GB to go on for an un-determined amount of time

More discount depends on how many people actually buy these kits.

Gabe

·
Registered
686 Posts
can we get some more info on these? i'm interested as well, is it plug and play and no wiring needed?

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The kits are all plug n' play. I have personally installed a set of these on an Accord in about 15 minutes. Easy stuff as long as you know what you are looking at.

Could not be easier.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
any word on the brand on the H9 kits?? and ill wait for a little bit.....maybe more people will buy & the price will drop
also....do us hawaii folk have to pay extra for shipping

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The brand is Kaixen. I have been reading reviews/thoughts/concerns about these kits....and I may end up switching the entire line to them. But for now thats what will fill the H9 slot.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
must...resist..urge..to put HID's in stock headlamps.....

Nice price, i need to find some projectors..........

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
ehhh, I have seen civics with HID's slapped in the stock housings, and dont like it. Too much glare.

Besides, i dont like it when i get blinded by other peoples headlights, so i refrain from doing it myself. I might just buy them and wait till i get some projectors.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Just for everyone's info., stock HID system are rated at about 4300K (K stands for Kelvins). Yes, the higher the number the brighter the light. Also, the brighter you go, the more the color will change. Having had a SVTF with stock HIDs, I must say they are a definite improvement over stock halogen bulbs.

Hey Gabe! I was considering purchasing an HID kit for my '05 Liberty. They seem relatively easy to hook up, but what sucks is that I have a 9007 bulb, and going HID will lose my brights. Is there way to keep my brights?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can you ship a set in canada?

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts
if i put them in and then decide to take them out would thy fit other cars too with just a different wiring harness??

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1-The kits go by bulb size...not the wiring harness.

2-Yes they will fit the stock headlights.

3-You will lose your highbeams, this is why they are for "offroad use only"

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
3- you will lose your highbeams.

I guess thats why people put them into projectors correct? so they do not lose their highbeams.

but I have one question, if i put in the 6000K bulbs, they will be brighter than my natural highbeams? not that city driving needs highbeams, just wondering.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts