Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to looking at putting my HID lights in this weekend and I noticed that there is no wiring harness. Does anyone know where I might get one

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I think they may be the same harness as the ST170s. I am looking for a harness set too. Let me know if you find a set, and I will do likewise.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
BAT, Inc. supplied the connector, wires, and instructions when I purchased my European headlights from them back in the day. Great directions...very easy to wire. I'm sure they would sell the harness kit separately. Try giving them a ring:
www.batinc.net

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
BAT is out of stock at the moment. They wont be getting any for a week at least. That is just to them. (I called today.) Still take a couple days on top of that to get to you...so maybe 2 week turn around. I was hoping another sponsor would have a set, but no luck so far.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I am talking about the mach audio lights. I will check out the link. Maybe I will just sell them and get the ST170's I kind of like those better. Does anyone know if they are HID? I don't know much about them.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The ST-170's are not HID's.
Wiring up a harness for the Machs is not hard, it took me maybe 45 minutes tops.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just looking at the link and it does look easy. It looks like I will have to buy some more parts. The strange part is that the guy that wrote that up got the lights for $275 a piece. I paid $325 and that was employee cost from Ford. I guess there must be a cheaper version out there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
He made that write up a couple of years ago (or more) when the Machs first came out they were a lot cheaper. Then Ford figured out how many people wanted them and raised the price quickly.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I never would of gotten them if they wern't so cheap when they first came out.
Heck that was the first mod I did to my old ZX-3 and when I bought the SVT they came over too.
I've read about the harness Ford made themselves (last issue of Focus Fanatics) and I honestly don't like it very much, when I wired mine up I made the turnsignals in the lights work as turnsignals, in the Ford harness they seem to just be running lights.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
exactly.

without a ford employee discount, you'd be spending over $550/per side!!
Yeah they were like $475 per side retail. I just need to get some extra parts and I will be good to go. However now that I see the ST170's I kind of like those better. Not really sure what to do

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I know it is not HID but I just like the looks of them. Although I like the brightness of the HID. There are just to many choices

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If you like the black look of the ST-170's and but the HID's in the Machs, their is a simple solution, crack open the Mach's and have someone paint them black (seen someone on here do it before and they looked HOT!) and then reseal them.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I've had both the ST170's and the HID's on mine, and IMHO the HID's are a lot more fun. There's definitely style points for HID's, even here in SoCal, and the light output is bright, white, and perfectly solid with no dark spots when used w/ the fogs. That said, I also liked the look of the car with the ST170's, and they were easily the best halogen headlights I've ever used - particularly if you have the opportunity to use the high beams.

For the $$, I'd go ST170's again in a second if I hadn't gotten such an awesome deal on the HID's and never look back. I don't know that they're worth a $500+ upgrade over the ST170's (at ~ retail prices).

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've had both the ST170's and the HID's on mine, and IMHO the HID's are a lot more fun. There's definitely style points for HID's, even here in SoCal, and the light output is bright, white, and perfectly solid with no dark spots when used w/ the fogs. That said, I also liked the look of the car with the ST170's, and they were easily the best halogen headlights I've ever used - particularly if you have the opportunity to use the high beams.

For the $$, I'd go ST170's again in a second if I hadn't gotten such an awesome deal on the HID's and never look back. I don't know that they're worth a $500+ upgrade over the ST170's (at ~ retail prices).
I agree with the light quality. I had them on my 03 and loved them. That is why I wanted to have them again. Well I guess I already have them so I will get the rest of the parts and just use them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts