Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High and low beams at the same time (w/hella\'s)

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how to make it so when I turn on my high beams my low's stay on also. I have hella's on my car right now and they are awsome but... I guess you can never have enough light

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Re: High and low beams at the same time (w/hella\'s)

Open up the steering column, and pop out the high beam yolk. Find the wires 8 and 9 in the wiring harness, and build a jumper wire to connect them to each other. Then plug them back into the high beam yolk, then put every thing back together, turn on your headlights and when you switch on the high beams, the low beams will stay on. The only way the low beams will not come on, is when your headlights are OFF completely, and you flash the high beams.

·
Registered
729 Posts

if u did this u can still have parking lights on cant ya?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

yes, it just doesn't turn off the lows when the highs come on.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts

I would check for blown bulbs, then check the bulb connectors with a voltmeter, then check the wires, then check your existing headlight wiring harness with a voltmeter to find out where the problem is.

·
Registered
433 Posts

then check your fuses...

there is 1 fuse for each.

low left
low right
high right
high left

·
Registered
573 Posts

dont do it liek that. add a relay so when u engage your high beams it triggers the relay to also turn on the low beams. PM me if u need wiring assistance. jumping wires w2ill only cause problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.