Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can someone please tell me if this would work. Buy the offroad pipe which I'm guessing is 2 1/4". In the straight section of it buy a universal 2 1/4" high flow cat and weld or clap it in the straight section of the off road pipe. I really don't understand why this would not work? You are still using both O2 senseors which the off road pipe has. You could even take the two to a muffler shop and have them weld in the CAT. This would cost lest than $350.00 I can get a small high flow cat for about $80.00 and the off road pipe for $125.00. That's only around $210.00. Will this not work because of exhaust flow reasons or is there some physics that I'm missing here? Please comment, I think this would work. This is what the RANDOM CAT looks like to me.Guys memember I'm a cheap (*&

·
Registered
560 Posts
yup... I "THINK" this should work coz logically it should work.. but i am not sure since never tried... well I was planning the same thing as u before I got my race header..
but now.. I love the power that the header (and NO CAT) gave me.. so I will stay with it..

Good luck though.. I think u should talk to some muffler shop about your idea and see what they say

·
Registered
362 Posts
Someone else it trying this also. The straight section at the bottom may not work b/c the oli pan would be in the way of the cat. Just my thinks.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts