Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a high flow cat, flex pipe combination that would be bolt in between a race header and a "cat-back" (really flex pipe back) exhaust system??
If not do you think that there would be a market for this? I want the benefits of a long tube race-style header, but don't want straight through to my Borla. Rather keep a cat in there to keep noise down a little and keep mother earth happy too.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Why dont you just get the race headers, and then have a high flow cat welded in after the flex pipe?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
that was my idea originally, but i was informed that after the flex pipe is too far back to have the cat run efficiently... you have to put it IN the flex location, which makes for fun fun fun.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Yea you are gonna have some fun
, your gonna need a short cat to fit it in there.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
that was my idea originally, but i was informed that after the flex pipe is too far back to have the cat run efficiently... you have to put it IN the flex location, which makes for fun fun fun.
So how does the SVT pass emissions? I thought I read that it has equal length race headers.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I think the Svt has a cat mounted somewhere in the flexpipe, i could be wrong.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The SVT has a Medium Long tube Header, then a short cat, then the Flex-Pipe.
The SVT setup IS available to be fitted to the Regular Zetec.
There was a thread about this option a couple months ago. Maybe someone knows where it is and could bump it?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
hehe, i wonder who's thread that is

-Ult
So, What about a link to the thread describing the set-up and application and cost, etc, etc....???

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
They dont have one available right now but random technology is in the works on a high flo cat. Below is the link.
I thought random tech had one available for a long while now. For some reason I can't find it available at www.myfordperformance.com or www.newedgeperformance.com but I've seen it before. It's the one I want.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Maybe he means a SHORT one for an SVT application...????

·
Registered
32 Posts
there was a place i had a link to that just sold the little flex peice. you could have the cat custom cut where the flex WOULD be then have the flex peice put in right after the cat.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
The way to do it is to use a 12" hi flow cat (about $60 from summit racing) in the spot where the flex section is and then put in a 4"-6" flex section in the other side. I've been considering this for some time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts