Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be having a fuel cutout issue during sustained high (relatively) G corners, namely long, smallish radius freeway entrance and exit ramps. I haven't tried with a full tank yet but it does it with half a tank on down. It really upsets the car when the power cuts out at mid corner. I don't think this is the random fuel cut issue I've heard about as it only occurs when I'm really getting on it. It's my wifes daily car but she's never had the problem so I don't know how long it's been going on. Anybody else experience this? It's a street edition wagon (complete with 2 car seats in back), btw.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
let me guess... all right hand turns?

sounds like you have the infamous fuel pump failure on a right hand turn scenario... go get a new pump before you get stranded. look in the Team Tech forum. there are TONS of us who hace had this same issue. All dealerships are well aware of it and should replace the pump without a fight... just be sure you're low on gas when you go in (they wont fill your tank again... just enough to get to the nearest station)

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Yep! Dozens of us have had this failure.

There is a restrictive filter screen in the Focus that gets clogged... and after a while it'll kill the pump and you won't be able to go in a straight line either!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts