Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who has managed to put the highest number of miles on their car so far, and what problems (if any) they've had after 25k. Not concerned with all the piddly stuff in the beginning, but are tranny's going out, clutches, etc. Only respond if you have more than 25k miles please.

Seems like the major issues people have had, occured fairly early on. I'm just hoping once you've made it safely through the first X miles, you should of already encounted any impending doom.

Me= 28k and no problems so far.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I have almost 34K on my car...

DSI Failed last November

Cat heatsheilds replaced last month.

Otherwise nothing else that needed a appointment with the dealer.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
25k on next fill up = no major problems to speak of, just the small stuff such as surging, and high idle.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
26000 intake manifold replaced 2 times, i fixed the broken DSI clip the 3rd time. CEL comes on every week saying 1st O2 sensor is slow to respond. Every 2 months I have a horrible stumble in the motor where it will not go above 4500 by choking to death. That could be alot of things.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Im sitting at 35k and will be taking it in this week to have the tranny/clutch looked at again. The damn throw out bairing gets thrown out more often than the first pitch at major league baseball games.
And Im running with the CEL on again because of the same damn damaged 02 sensor...
Besides that, I think most of my cars problems were ironed out earlier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
36k today and all the piddly things, idle issues, surging, cold start issues etc. Got the new TSB yesterday and today the car is in the shop again because the fuel gauge doesn't work right (still) and there is a HUGE gasoline odor coming from the car that wasn't there before they did the new ECM burn and replaced the fuel sender. I have never had a car with this many problems in my life (and I'm no kid) and I would not by this SVT if I had it to do over, much as I do love to drive it. I put 172k miles on a Toyota 4Runner (with ZERO repairs EVER!,) 240k on a Mitsubishi Montero, 300k on a Camry (and the only repair this car ever had was an ECU replacement at 280k and they COVERED IT because there had been a recall!) and 200k on a (get this!)TURBO Eclipse, and all the problems on all of these combined don't add up to the crap (small crap but it still goes to the dealer while I drive a crap loaner) that I've had with the SVT. Tonight I drove 60 miles home in a Ranger pickup fer Chrissake! That sucks...

·
Registered
993 Posts
32K here. My car is a problem a minute. I ride around with a CEL...pretty sure its just an O2 sensor. Clutch I believe is on the way out...it is a bit jerky/slippy on engagement *sometimes* but that could be a result of my heavy foot and the JRSC.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
29k and only had my dsi replaced.**knocks on wood**

·
Registered
286 Posts
How could anyone put so many miles on ANY car?
Egads. I'm usualy sick of them at 20-30K.

So many cars, so little time....
~Dave

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Alright I have 21000 miles now.. I know you wanted only 25k and up, but I just had to have my clutch, flywheel, fuel rail, valve cover, and throttle cable replaced within the past 1500 miles. Before that the only problem was the dead duck horn.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've got 50,700 miles on mine (after 14 months of driving since new) and the only problem I've had is the alternator. My alternator crapped out on me somewhere around 40k. The car is completely stock.

I can't believe I've put so many miles on my first SVT...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm at 32k+ miles right now (52000 kms). Took delivery in October 2002.

so far:

- Changed horns once
- Flashed to YRF0 (didn't do much)
- Changed valve cover because of cable rubbing
- Changed leaking fog light

To do:

- Horns are going again.
- Rear pads are getting thin
- need to check DSI (cable is still there, but the car seems sluggish on the top end).

Overall, it's been a nice experience so far, but so was my Contour until it came out of warranty (and hell broke loose).

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I went though another DSI right before warrenty ran out

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Well this is something to think about. I'm asuming the SVTF is your daily-driver. The SVT being a performance car was most likely not desigened as a daily-driver. I am not saying this is an excuse but it's someting to think about.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well this is something to think about. I'm asuming the SVTF is your daily-driver. The SVT being a performance car was most likely not desigened as a daily-driver. I am not saying this is an excuse but it's someting to think about.
McSVT, how on earth would you come to this conclusion???
~Dave

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
26K and nothing major is broken. I currently have a messed up CD player ( 1 and 3 don't seem to work properly and NO its not the CDs! ) and I still have a funky rattle. I've had other cosmetic stuff done to it but mechanically its been very sound.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Soemthing else to think about. I got mine in September of 02 and have driven it as a daily driver for 50,000 miles with no problems(except for the alternator). It's not like I drive it easy either.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Huh??

This may apply to a Ferarri F50 or some ultra-exotic, but the SVTF is still just a slightly warmed-up, daily driver, commuter car...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
... and it's still a Focus, not a 911 Turbo or anything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts