Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to Pro Am in Houston today, and, well, they get no more business from me, but I chucked over the $100 for them to burn my chip for me

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
man... you got hosed! most places will put a fresh burn on it for free.

all you have to do is pay shipping.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I'm pissed, but wth....I got it done, and quick....just lost some $$ that I really needed

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Kurtz customs will do a custom chip for $75. Atleast that's what they quoted me.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not that mad about it...

hell, with my auto I can spin the tires from a first gear roll on......very happy customer...just feel ripped off

·
Registered
657 Posts
Originally posted by PGZX3:

hell, with my auto I can spin the tires from a first gear roll on......very happy customer...just feel ripped off
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">what other mods you got???

what is reburning a chip, sorry, i have never heard of this!!!!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, first off I have an automatic

only mods are header, cat bypass, flex pipe, exhaust, intake, UDPs, and the chip....that is all....well, 17s (bad for speed), and progress springs, thats all that would effect power and its delivery.....hopefully I'll be porting the TB soon....

also at the track I gut the back to pick up those few tenths

·
Registered
8,272 Posts

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">um...r u sure u can spin em from a roll? Hate to call BS, but unless youre sprayin a nice, healthy shot, im afraid thats IMPOSSIBLE

It took me 166whp with my 5speed and a 4.06 gearing to SOMETIMES get it to do a roll on from 1st gear burn....now with 200whp+ and even more torque, i gotta worry about doin it in 2nd

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, with an auto, you're cruisen say....25mph in 3rd or 4th, and you punch it....the car jumps back into first and turns them over...no BS here, do it in your car, drop the clutch in first going about 25...

·
Registered
816 Posts
dude naz, did you ever consider things like tires and suspension, you're too fast to call BS. I don't even need to go into my credibility, because everyone knows I've never BS'd, my car right now with compression ratio in the 8's, stock head stock intake FC TB and focussport cat-back (turbo is off right now, stock header cat and flex pipe) also a quaiffe, still roll on spins first gear with no problems... why? stiff suspension and worn out tires... I can nose-slide through turns in second...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well, with an auto, you're cruisen say....25mph in 3rd or 4th, and you punch it....the car jumps back into first and turns them over...no BS here, do it in your car, drop the clutch in first going about 25...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And then watch the tranny tear itself apart.

·
Registered
386 Posts
He isn't going to blow the tranny, that is how it shifts even in the stock format..it is crazy I swear that sometimes my car cops an attitude and spins the damn things at the most inappropriate times, but yes the auto can and will spin the tires...sometiems just a chirp and other times for a second or two...but when it does it is almost always already moving....

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by ZincYellowZx3Guy:
He isn't going to blow the tranny, that is how it shifts even in the stock format..it is crazy I swear that sometimes my car cops an attitude and spins the damn things at the most inappropriate times, but yes the auto can and will spin the tires...sometiems just a chirp and other times for a second or two...but when it does it is almost always already moving....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thank you, with the chip its even moreso. Furthermore, from a stand still, with zero powerbraking I can spin the tires every time, and not a chirp, or turning them over once or twice, I mean through the intersection....wanna call BS.....I'll have new time slips for you tomorrow, automatic in the 15s most likely

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Originally posted by BumpinFocus2k1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by PGZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And then watch the tranny tear itself apart.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Josh, you ready to quit ignoring me and send me my money?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Its not BS at all, I live in Houston with Mike and have been to the track with him. Don't call someone a liar unless you can prove it.

Jamie

Originally posted by nazthug:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by PGZX3:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">um...r u sure u can spin em from a roll? Hate to call BS, but unless youre sprayin a nice, healthy shot, im afraid thats IMPOSSIBLE

It took me 166whp with my 5speed and a 4.06 gearing to SOMETIMES get it to do a roll on from 1st gear burn....now with 200whp+ and even more torque, i gotta worry about doin it in 2nd
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by sandmann41:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by BumpinFocus2k1:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Josh, you ready to quit ignoring me and send me my money?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">dude, whatever you owe chris you better pay up. this is like the 20th time i've seen him bugging you about. besides, when sandmann sees his money nate gets new wheels

Nate

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
hee hee my car does that too, except I have to manually shift my car into 2nd because it'll hit the rev limiter really hard if I don't

Sandymann is phunneee.

hey PGZX3, what did you specify to get done on your chip?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess my car was having one of its days or something....but me and Superchips are going to be having a few more conversations that usual

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
damn you guys no one called anyone anything

just sayin that a TRUE roll on first gear spin is harder then people think...yeah when the tranny gets confused and cranks it to 1st really fast and the tires bite, whatever....sure

Im talkinga bout cruising is 1st, punching it and tearing the tires up to redline, that is the definition of roll on 1st gear spin

It took me 166whp, shorter gears, and stock tires to be able to do this with stiff suspension, a light flywheel and a good clutch....

but hey, it doesnt really mater, i was just wondering...

I guess it doesnt really matter, its all about how fast it is, not how bad your tires are

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
my car will break tires loose in 1st gear, and that was without any mods at all... just synthetic oil. hehehe and my tires arent worn out. if you hammer the throttle on the auto just right, it will unlock the torque convertor and slam up to 2000 RPM's so fast it will break one of the tires loose. (rarely both of them) this is particulary (i cant spell today, too tired) dangerous in the rain...

cheers to the other ATX'ers on the jet, we are the few, the proud, the regretful...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts